Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 30, 2018 - 3:58 AM   
 By:   MCurry29   (Member)

Rosetta Records has been releasing scores at a good clip. I have purchased Jorge Aliaga's- Shadow Girl and am going to jump into more soon. Does anyone from Rosetta or any other Spanish film/score fans care to contribute to this thread? Has anyone bought any Rosetta releases and have recommendations?

Posted:   Jan 30, 2018 - 5:50 AM   
 By:   Juanki   (Member)

There was a big controversy about 'MONSIGNOR QUIXOTE' release. It was publicited as "remastered" but apparently sounds worse than the previous release. A pity because the score is outstanding.

Posted:   Jan 31, 2018 - 9:52 AM   
 By:   batman&robin   (Member)

I bought several Rosetta CDs and I must say I like them all very much. Till far my personal favorites are The Garci/Cervantes Anthology, Red de Libertad, and The Chess Player. These are "traditional" orchestral scores.

If you are more into the "modern sound design" thing then you will like Realive. On the other hand are the "more experimental" Reliquias and A Common Enemy.

They have samples on their web you can check. Plus worth mentioning is that their design presentation is impeccable.