Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 1, 2017 - 2:09 PM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

Just saw this announcement on twitter

https://twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/936686155730337792

"HEAVEN CAN WAIT / RACING WITH THE MOON are our next We Hear You Series titles out 12/8! Music by legendary Dave Grusin coming to our reissue series coming next Fri. at 10am PST!"

(Apologies if there's another thread already - whenever I try to search the board these days I just get tossed to an error message)

Posted:   Dec 1, 2017 - 2:20 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Apologies if there's another thread already - whenever I try to search the board these days I just get tossed to an error message

No, I don't think there was another thread. The Varese spokesperson has been so busy repeat-bumping the thread about his pal's Christmas CD over the last few days, I doubt he's had much time for Varese announcements.

Posted:   Dec 1, 2017 - 2:23 PM   
 By:   Sarge   (Member)

Both lovely scores by Grusin - still grateful to Kritzerland for putting them out there initially, and now Varese for bringing them back into print.

For those seeking samples, the old Kritzerland page is still active -

http://www.kritzerland.com/heavenWait_moon.htm

Posted:   Dec 1, 2017 - 3:51 PM   
 By:   drivingmissdaisy   (Member)

Bump bump bump! This was posted on Twitter and Facebook today. I knew you guys would pick this up, so I let you guys post about it and you did, thanks!

Bump bump bump!

Posted:   Dec 1, 2017 - 4:41 PM   
 By:   Neilbucket852   (Member)

Apologies if there's another thread already - whenever I try to search the board these days I just get tossed to an error message

No, I don't think there was another thread. The Varese spokesperson has been so busy repeat-bumping the thread about his pal's Christmas CD over the last few days, I doubt he's had much time for Varese announcements.

You continue to find new ways to be unpleasant.

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 12:26 AM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

Wow nice. We're happy to have been the ones to actually do the work on this and it was VERY expensive - but it sold out and did well for us, so I'm sure there are a few more people who'll want it, but that, of course, begs the question as to why they just didn't get it when it was released. smile

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 12:59 AM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Wow nice. We're happy to have been the ones to actually do the work on this and it was VERY expensive - but it sold out and did well for us, so I'm sure there are a few more people who'll want it, but that, of course, begs the question as to why they just didn't get it when it was released. smile

The blurb says it was sold out in two days - is that true? If so, that's probably why they didn't get it when it was released! smile

Kritzerland's CD is offered for crazy money everywhere I looked yesterday.

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 3:43 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Cool. Hopefully they will reissue FALLING IN LOVE again, which I dallied over and missed...and now that goes for crazy prices too!!

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 5:50 AM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Cool. Hopefully they will reissue FALLING IN LOVE again, which I dallied over and missed...and now that goes for crazy prices too!!

Ask Bruce if he has any emergency copies - you never know.

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 6:06 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

Kev, I wish for your sake that you hadn't posted about Falling In Love, because it reminded me I missed out... so I was just on eBay looking, and I managed to buy a copy from Soundtrack Corner in Germany for about £25 (which is incredibly reasonable compared to what other sellers were offering!).

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 6:29 AM   
 By:   MCurry29   (Member)

Just fantastic! These are definite purchases. Two great films- Heaven Can Wait is one of my all-timers.

Posted:   Dec 2, 2017 - 6:30 AM   
 By:   leagolfer   (Member)

Cool Re releases scores, who ever missed this previous they're classics, a very nice listen quality Grusin, Well done Varese.

Posted:   Dec 3, 2017 - 8:37 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Hey, no worries CL. Glad you bagged a decent priced copy.
I did see one for about 20 quid, but the only way to pay for it was some money order to a German bank!!??
I'm sure I will see a normal price copy once those people selling it realise they're not gonna get hundreds of pounds for it...or another label reissues it just like Heaven Can Wait.
Hey Bruce, you ain't got any spare copies of Falling In Love lying around, have you?

Posted:   Dec 4, 2017 - 2:28 PM   

It certainly did not sell out in two days.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2017 - 3:01 PM   

It certainly did not sell out in two days.

The first announcement/release was posted by haineshisway on Oct. 21st 2013, then by Oct. 23rd the poster ILOVESCORES65 wrote SOLD OUT at Kriterzerland. If that was false I believe the owner of that company (Kritzerland) would have been quick to let future perspective buyers know it was NOT sold out, please go ahead and buy it we have plenty of copies left from our website. But as it turned out the owner did not correct that post which was two days after the announcement. So I'm assuming this item sold out in two days from Kritzerland's website which was the original record company that released it. Haineshisway even responded to the SOLD OUT post feeling surprised it sold out so quickly. This was two days later. Copies may have been available at other places, but correct me if I'm wrong, this did sell out in two days from Kritzerlands website.

Images are below of the original post which you can find if you search for these terms EXACTLY:
NEW KRITZERLAND: HEAVEN CAN WAIT AND MORE! GRUSIN!

So this is why we posted that the first release sold out in two days. Or maybe there is another day in between Oct. 21st and Oct. 23rd smile

IMAGE ONE:

IMAGE TWO:

Posted:   Dec 5, 2017 - 5:17 PM   

Not my memory, but there you are. And it certainly was available elsewhere for at least a week beyond that.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be crediting all the fine people who actually did all the hard work and heavy lifting on this release. That's very nice of you and appropriate, too.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2017 - 5:25 PM   

Not my memory, but there you are. And it certainly was available elsewhere for at least a week beyond that.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be crediting all the fine people who actually did all the hard work and heavy lifting on this release. That's very nice of you and appropriate, too.

Great question, why don't you inquire with someone who actually worked on this new re-issue and ask them! smile

And above all Merry Christmas !!

Posted:   Dec 5, 2017 - 10:53 PM   
 By:   Mr. Popular   (Member)

C'mon Bruce, it's semantics. If you sold out of it, it is no longer available to reorder for those accounts that still have stock. Sold out at the label is sold out. Others will always be selling the inventory for as long as it lasts.

All due respect of course.

Posted:   Dec 9, 2017 - 10:07 AM   
 By:   Bond1965   (Member)

It would have been nice if those four and half minutes of hidden HEAVEN CAN WAIT bonus tracks that were tacked on to the end of "Cherokee" were separated.

Basically this was just a lazy way to do it, just copy the Kritzerland release verbatim.

James

Posted:   Dec 9, 2017 - 10:30 AM   

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Warmest Wishes!!