You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 19, 2015 - 9:59 AM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

"Groveling's good!" --Scottie Templeton in Tribute
big grin

Posted:   May 28, 2015 - 10:44 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

So I'm up to the point where I read Spock's brains scans are the scans of an actual dead persons brain!

Posted:   Sep 2, 2015 - 4:42 PM   
 By:   Accidental Genius   (Member)

Me or him? razz

AG: Toronto. Good. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. If you can do a somewhat simple favor for me, you will have my gratitude. In the form of the book. New, not used. Will contact you through proper channels.

Well, I'll let Howard tell the full story at some point, complete I believe with pictures. Suffice to say that a rather unconventional business transaction (not that kind!) took place which afforded Howard something he's been hoping to have for a long time, and I got to have a brand-spanking-new copy of Preston Neal Jones's unbelievably incredible RETURN TO TOMORROW: The Filming of Star Trek: The Motion Picture delivered to my doorstep.

Between this board and the Star Trek community, one sure meets some great new friends. And sometimes the two intersect, like here. Howard, a very big thanks to you! And please do put that story together soon!

Posted:   Sep 10, 2015 - 10:22 AM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

Yes, Howard, please!

Posted:   Sep 10, 2015 - 12:52 PM   
 By:   Other Tallguy   (Member)

Hmmm. It's getting close enough that this might end up under my Christmas tree.

BTW, I was watching Above and Beyond on Netflix. It's a documentary about the foreign pilots who banded together to form the Israeli air force in 1948. One of these codgers (they were all strapping young gods back in the day) sure looked familiar.

Harold Livingston. Screenwriter for TMP. Wow!

Posted:   Sep 10, 2015 - 6:30 PM   
 By:   Sigerson Holmes   (Member)

Livingston wrote a number of aviation adventure books, fiction and nonfiction, inspired by his experiences.

I've often wondered if their careers as pilots had anything to do with Livingston's association with Roddenberry. Is it something they would chat about, or did it in fact have anything to do with Livingston's getting hired?

The new documentary was coproduced by Steven Spielberg's sister, Nancy, which makes me curious if there's a big Israeli War of Independence aerial action movie in the pipeline at DreamWorks or Amblin.

Posted:   Sep 12, 2015 - 6:45 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Nice addendum to the saga, Mr. Holmes. Really adds perspective to the whole scheme of things.

Yes, Howard, please!

Oh we are on track, Dr. Jones. Like by the end of the month. The creative juices are starting to flow again.

Btw, you due for another trek (heh heh) this side of paradise? If memory serves, it's close to that time of year to check up on your East Coast business interests.

Posted:   Sep 12, 2015 - 6:53 PM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

As a matter of fact, Howard, toward the end of October I'll be in Florida for a couple of days before I hop aboard the TCM Classic Movie Cruise. What part of Florida did you say you were in? Please give me a call when you've got a moment, thanks.