Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 20, 2014 - 12:09 PM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

Damn it, I totally missed this. I guess because I don't come on here too often [I do like it here, I just have a busy life]. Do you think it might be reissued?

We have some left if you drop me an e-mail.

O wow, thanks!! There doesn't seem to be an email-to-other-members option on this site though unless I'm having a really dumb day, which is possible. Do I just send an email on the Krizterland site?

Yes, our e-mail is all over the Kritzerland site, but it's kritzerland at gmail dot com

Posted:   Jul 21, 2014 - 10:33 AM   
 By:   Dr Lenera   (Member)

Thanks very much, email sent.

Posted:   Jul 25, 2014 - 8:33 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

- who is the female vocalist in track 23?

Sounds like a male vocalist to me.

Posted:   Jul 25, 2014 - 9:00 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

- who is the female vocalist in track 23?

Sounds like a male vocalist to me.

That was my immediate assumption as well.

Posted:   Jul 31, 2014 - 12:07 PM   
 By:   Bishop   (Member)

Bruce, please be so kind and check your emails!

Got a certain emergency-request for you ...

Posted:   Nov 13, 2014 - 7:33 AM   
 By:   JeffM   (Member)

Most of the e-bay listings are around $60 now. Better than what it was going for on there, but still a bit too rich for my blood.

Posted:   Dec 10, 2014 - 8:22 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

IAWL and On The Waterfront arrived via yesterday's mail. That happy circumstance alone deserves a thread of its own. And that rhyme is sheer poetry on two fronts.

Anyway, which one to listen to first. Talk about an embarrassment of riches. IAWL won out. Standout tracks, as I figured ahead of time, proved to be Main Title/Heaven, Pottersville Cemetery, and Wrong Mary Hatch. Re PC, I've always felt from watching the movie that it was precursor music to Tiomkin's entire score for The Thing that was just a few years down the road. I think a lot of it has to do with his subtle use of the piano.

Have more to comment on per this entire thread and hope to do so in near future.