Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 23, 2014 - 7:55 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

Caught the last 45 minutes of the original last night-Godzilla-54. After seeing it again, after a few years. I like the new one even more. Because they made the new one with more of the feeling of this very well done first one, not like the lighter ones that came later. That attempt in itself was a admirable gamble, that apparently has not really failed.Both are fine films and I feel are the best of the GODZILLA FILMS.

Posted:   Jun 24, 2014 - 7:27 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Did anyone figure in the money lost on countless unsold Godzilla and Muta toys? big grin If anyone wants to see a film with real emotion and a far superior score see HTTYD 2. wink

Posted:   Jun 24, 2014 - 9:29 AM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

Did anyone figure in the money lost on countless unsold Godzilla and Muta toys? big grin If anyone wants to see a film with real emotion and a far superior score see HTTYD 2. wink

There's no money lost on Muta toys because there's nothing called a Muta in Godzilla. wink

Dude, what are you gonna do when the movie hits 500M? big grin

Posted:   Jun 24, 2014 - 10:18 AM   

(1) There's no money lost on Muta toys because there's nothing called a Muta in Godzilla. wink

(2) Dude, what are you gonna do when the movie hits 500M? big grin

(1) That's how memorable they were. wink
(2) Jump for joy the studio made a 50 million dollar profit. Not counting the 100 million loss on the toy line. big grin

Posted:   Jun 24, 2014 - 10:32 AM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

(1) There's no money lost on Muta toys because there's nothing called a Muta in Godzilla. wink

(2) Jump for joy the studio made a 50 million dollar profit. Not counting the 100 million loss on the toy line. big grin

1) The term is MUTO or M.U.T.O. It's an acronym. "Muta" sounds like somebody's name.

2) Still trying way too hard, I see. By your logic, DoFP won't break even because the cheques/checks they wrote for that cast and the film's budget and the promotion were larger than Godzilla's. wink

Posted:   Jun 24, 2014 - 11:09 AM   

1) The term is MUTO or M.U.T.O. It's an acronym. "Muta" sounds like somebody's name.

2) Still trying way too hard, I see. By your logic, DoFP won't break even because the cheques/checks they wrote for that cast and the film's budget and the promotion were larger than Godzilla's. wink

I thought MUTO's was that mint candy sold in rolls.