Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 28, 2014 - 7:46 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Listening too Little Mermaid now. The crispness and stereo separation sounds great. Individual instruments are clearly heard. I Like the flow of the additional music as well. (what I heard so far)

Now my one nitpick thus far. I really dislike the mix for "Fireworks". Its like they reversed the prominent instruments in that cue. What was once in the forefront is almost not heard at all. It's either a really bad remix, or there's something wrong with that cue.

Thus far I am up to "Flotsam and Jetsam" and "Fireworks" is the only track that really sticks out in a negative way.

Well, Fireworks on the Legacy set is actually missing the chorus from the OST.

Holy cow I didn't even catch that. eek frown

Edit: "Happy Ending" on the Legacy is weird too. Just when you expect to hear the chorus come in it's just orchestral, then it sort of repeats itself with the same notes, then the chorus finally comes in like on the OST.

Posted:   Nov 28, 2014 - 11:00 PM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

Having listened to the samples, other tracks sound pretty wierd too. Since the second disc is all in mono I wouldn't be buying it anyway, but it's nice to know that the first disc also has enough wierdness that sticking to the original OST I'm not missing much....

Posted:   Nov 28, 2014 - 11:50 PM   
 By:   Bishop   (Member)

With Bruce Botnick and our dear Neil S. Bulk having worked on this release, I can't believe such grave errors have slipped in. I 'd guess there must be a reason to all of this (film version, original recording, ...).

Hopefully Neil himself will chip in and clear up this matter! smile

Posted:   Nov 29, 2014 - 7:19 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

The sonics/sound level for "Fireworks" and "Jig" from the OST are real close to those on the Legacy. So it was an easy fix as far as replacing "Fireworks" from Legacy and importing those other tracks from the OST. I may replace "Happy Ending" as well with the OST version. Besides that I'm very happy with the release.