Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 27, 2013 - 7:16 PM   
 By:   RM Eastman   (Member)

I remember the days, about 50 or so years ago, when all of the great composers were working. It was just an amazing time for great music; Steiner, Herrmann, Rozsa, Bernstein, Tiomkin and many other composers. It was a great music life back then.

Posted:   Dec 28, 2013 - 11:40 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

I remember the days, about 50 or so years ago, when all of the great composers were working. It was just an amazing time for great music; Steiner, Herrmann, Rozsa, Bernstein, Tiomkin and many other composers. It was a great music life back then.

But the great thing is, we still have the music from the 60s and the 70s, both on disc and increasingly on bluray, which are as good quality as I'll ever need them. You and I might not enjoy ALL the same things, but at least it's all still there. Giacchino, Desplat, Murphy and a few others are putting some stuff out that I enjoy almost as much, and Morricone, Schifrin, Legrand, Williams and other legends from my preferred "silver age" may not be as prolific as they once were but might still surprise.

Posted:   Dec 28, 2013 - 11:40 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

May all of our alleys be damnationed...

...and your bugs Satanic?

Posted:   Dec 28, 2013 - 12:24 PM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Send for the warlock.

And the psycho too.