Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 4:21 PM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

I recently ordered 5 of your half-off albums. They arrived today and I"m now listening to "Rat Race." Thank you for making this music available for such a great price!

I have bought many of your releases over the years, especially the last five or so years. I just wanted to say that your label's tastes and aesthetics reflect mine more closely than those of any of the other US-based labels. (I do love Quartet and Beat!)

I also appreciate your helping me out when "Laura" and "Twisted Nerve" were sold out, yet you managed to get me copies.

I hope you continue to keep mining this stylistic territory. I'm assuming that I'm not that unusual, and that enough people are buying these albums to keep things going.

Thank you again.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 5:40 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

I approve this message.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 5:46 PM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

You KNOW I'm on the same page!

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 6:16 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

This thread deserves an

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 7:25 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Yes! For my interest in film music Kritzerland is number 1 with me!

I buy just about all of their cds!

Thanks Mr. K.! smile

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 7:29 PM   
 By:   Josh "Swashbuckler" Gizelt   (Member)

Fantastic label. Sound quality is always top-notch as well.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 7:31 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

I can only offer 95% praise until such time as Duning's 3:10 to Yuma is on their list of releases.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 7:38 PM   

I can only offer 95% praise until such time as Duning's 3:10 to Yuma is on their list of releases.

Basil, did you ever get the limited issue LP that Tony Thomas and the composer put out in the late 70s?

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 7:45 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Basil, did you ever get the limited issue LP that Tony Thomas and the composer put out in the late 70s?

Yes, I managed to get hold of a CD of that one. But I'm not satisfied with the way it's cobbled together. I hope for something much better than a re-release of that.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 8:02 PM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

OnyaBirri,

What a wonderful post. It is so refreshing to read an expression of gratitude. I could not agree with you more about Kritzerland. Bruce pours his heart and soul into the production of each release and keeps the price accessible to us. On top of that, his graciousness in giving us access to some items we may have missed is unprecedented.

Your post made my day - thank you.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 8:07 PM   

Yes, I managed to get hold of a CD of that one. But I'm not satisfied with the way it's cobbled together. I hope for something much better than a re-release of that.

I too would like to see an official cd of the film score by Duning. People seem to think Columbia has very little of its music tracks left. Maybe the Duning estate can help? Hopefully some label is looking into it.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 8:10 PM   

OnyaBirri,

What a wonderful post. It is so refreshing to read an expression of gratitude. I could not agree with you more about Kritzerland. Bruce pours his heart and soul into the production of each release and keeps the price accessible to us. On top of that, his graciousness in giving us access to some items we may have missed is unprecedented.

Your post made my day - thank you.

I agree! Bruce is the best! smile

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 9:03 PM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

Kritzerland is very appreciative of this thread, as am I! smile

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 9:17 PM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

Kritzerland is without a doubt one of the very best labels. Here's to hopes that Universal opens up their vaults to you.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 9:24 PM   

Bruce, I hope some day you can get into Warner Bros.

Max Steiner is waiting for you! smile

Posted:   Dec 13, 2013 - 10:26 PM   
 By:   Dana Wilcox   (Member)

What a great job Kritzerland has done in getting us choice nuggets from the Elmer Bernstein filmography. Can't wait to see what's next there! So many other great composers as well, Newman and Waxman, Raksin and North, Mancini and Previn, Friedhofer and Duning, too many to name. Two thumbs up from another guy who thinks they shot out the lights in 1962.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2013 - 1:28 AM   
 By:   Loverozsa   (Member)

I, too, offer my thanks and appreciation. Fantastic Job!. "Label Of The Year" for me along with LalaLand!!!! Merry Christmas To All!

Posted:   Dec 14, 2013 - 3:05 AM   
 By:   Stefan Huber   (Member)

Yes and yes; just looking for Kritzerland to plunder the MGM vaults - both musical and non-musical. There must be tons of 1930s and 1940s stuff unexplored there...

Posted:   Dec 14, 2013 - 3:52 AM   
 By:   finder4545   (Member)

Obviously, I fully agree and join the general praise for Kimmell and Kritzerland. Interesting that this thread started with RAT RACE, which was one of my favourite Bernstein jazz scores, since I listened shortly on that old glorious Mainstream/Ava albums. So, this has been another dream become reality. At the same time we have to express the same gratitude to other labels that made possible the miracle of libraries full of 'true' original scores, marked FSM, La-La-Land, Intrada. The flow of these releases can be considered, without any doubt, as the greatest contributions to knowledge-diffusion-preservation of film music, in the wake of the unforgettable work of Tony Thomas. By now, I'm wondering if in the near future are scheduled the remaining of the Bernstein's prominent titles, at first KINGS OF THE SUN and WHERE'S JACK, not to mention the complete TEN COMMANDMENTS and BUCCANEER, both whispered on the treshold of our house, but never seen on the horizon of the threads. Can somebody clear the mistery?

Posted:   Dec 14, 2013 - 4:51 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

I hope titles like Poltergeist II and Alien Nation wont be the exception to the rule and thanks for doing them justice.