Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 23, 2014 - 2:19 PM   
 By:   counterpoint   (Member)

It has been said before, this is the release of the year so far. Such a wonderful and important score. I always loved Goldsmith`s melancholy Bathes theme and now to have all those wonderful addition cues is fantastic. The combination of synth and orchestra is just amazing and innovative. And IMHO the synth stuff doesn`t sound nearly as outdated as the synth stuff in Innerspace for example although the movie is older than Innerspace.
Thank you Jerry Goldsmith for composing that masterpiece and thank you Intrada for producing a perfect release.

Posted:   Apr 23, 2014 - 4:06 PM   
 By:   Loren   (Member)

And IMHO the synth stuff doesn`t sound nearly as outdated as the synth stuff in Innerspace for example although the movie is older than Innerspace.

Nothing compares to Innerspace fantastic synth approach. But mine, like yours, is just opinion.

Posted:   May 19, 2014 - 3:13 PM   
 By:   Mike_H   (Member)

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. This might be my most favorite Goldsmith melody ever.

Posted:   Jul 9, 2014 - 3:27 PM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

Just got this...what a terrific score. Never owned the truncated MCA/Varese album, but at a full hour, it's a real meal.

Posted:   Jul 29, 2014 - 11:25 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Just got this...what a terrific score. Never owned the truncated MCA/Varese album, but at a full hour, it's a real meal.

I received it today as part of the intrada sale. I like the sound of the intrada and especially how it plays with the new cues, definitely not filler material. I used to own the Varese album but longed to hear the additional material from watching the DVD, I really like the movie as well. I remember getting the VHS from a library, it was one of the few horror titles they had and I figured I might give it a go, totally blown away by the opening credits music, much like when I first saw Dead Zone.

P.S. I'm getting an appetite for sandwiches listening to this score. big grin