Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 26, 2014 - 1:22 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

I knew you would get that one, ANDREW LLYOD WEBBER of course was the one I was holding out . it we don't want to be too technical throw in PAUL WILLIAMS.

Posted:   Jan 26, 2014 - 4:07 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

And on that note - what about these blokes?

Salter /Skinner /Charles Previn
Benjamin Frankel
Harry Robinson
Ennio Morricone
Danny Elfman

All have scored werewolf movies.

Posted:   Jan 26, 2014 - 8:44 PM   

I scored over 70 films from the early 50's into the 80's. In the genre I am known for scoring some very atmospheric scores for a string of UNITED ARTISTS genre films in the 50's. I continue to do genre films later in my career with other films, a bunch for TV . WHO AM I?

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 8:07 AM   

hint- Matter of fact this composer from the mid 70's through the 80's only did TV features. His last theatrical film was in 76.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 8:09 AM   

delete.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 4:07 PM   

another hint-I was born in NEW YORK in 1928.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 4:07 PM   

another hint-My music in some ways being more non melodic often, falls more into the JERRY FIELDING GENRE.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 5:33 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

Answer: who is Gerald Fried?

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 5:53 PM   

correct-the string of genre films were-THE VAMPIRE-57-I BURY THE LIVING-58-THE CURSE OF DRACULA-58-THE FLAME BARRIOR-58-CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN-58 and THE LOST MISSILE-In the 60's he did genre films like-THE CABINET OF DR CALIGARI-62-WHATEVER HAPPENED TO AUNT ALICE-69-the early 70's SOYLENT GREEN-73-THE BABY-73. Later on some of his TV genre films were-THE SPELL-77- CRUISE INTO TERROR-78-MANEATERS ARE LOOSE-78-THE BEAST ARE ON THE STREETS-78-ETC

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:09 PM   

Mr Dan: wasn't Soylent Green composed by Fred Myrow?

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:23 PM   

Gerald fried was the co-composer with Fred Myrow on the film. I believe on the LP SOUNDTRACK, they just said FRED MYROW as the composer. Anyone out there know about the cd? let me check with the film itself.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:29 PM   

GERALD FRIED was the conductor for the symphony music in the film and he helped Fred with some of the composing. But they gave MR Myrow the main credit.Which we all know is pretty common.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:30 PM   

Tough call here, our friends here at FSM say on the cd, Fred Myrow was the composer and Gerald Fried was the conductor for the classical music in the film. Yet I found a few sources that list MR Fried was a co- composer on the film. I guess it's trivia, well of course it is.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:49 PM   

What do these composers in horror film music history have in common?-LALO SCHIFRIN, HOWARD BLAKE,RICK CONRAD

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 6:57 PM   

What do these composers in horror film music history have in common?-LALO SCHIFRIN, HOWARD BLAKE,RICK CONRAD

Answer: they all scored Amityville flicks.

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 7:13 PM   

Correct again- THE AMITYVILLE HORROR-79- SCHIFRIN-AMITYVILLE 2-THE POSSESSION-82-BLAKE-AMITYVILLE THE EVIL ESCAPES-89- CONRAD

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 8:17 PM   

I am a famed keyboardist and bandleader. While the bulk of my work is far removed from film music, I did score a few very different genre movies. Who am I?

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 8:17 PM   

Durn double post!

Posted:   Jan 28, 2014 - 7:24 AM   

Would you like to give a hint on this one?

Posted:   Jan 28, 2014 - 7:25 AM   

I scored over 30 films from the early 50's till the late 70's.Of those films, I started with genre films in the early 50's, then did all other types of films till the mid 70's when I closed out my career with a few more genre films. One in the late 70's which a pretty well known horror director made, that has sought of become a cult film. WHO AM I?