Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 14, 2014 - 6:17 AM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

Delete.

Posted:   Jun 14, 2014 - 10:28 PM   

FRED KARLIN was born on JUNE 16, 1936 in CHICAGO, ILLINOIS. Fred scored over 130 films in his career from the 60's into the 90's.They included YOURS MINE AND OURS,THE STERILE CUCKOO,LOVERS AND OTHER STRANGERS, FUTUREWORLD,GREASED LIGHNING ETC. Many of those features were for TV.FRED passed away on MARCH 26, 2004 at the age of 67.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2014 - 1:23 AM   

Fred's COME SATURDAY MORNING from THE STERILE CUCKOO will always be a special enchanting song for me.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2014 - 6:38 AM   
 By:   Simon Morris   (Member)

And if we're talking about Fred Karlin, his tv scores for Man from Atlantis really have to be mentioned too.

There's been conflicting reports about whether these survive or not, but it really is time they came to CD if it's at all possible.

Posted:   Jun 15, 2014 - 10:59 PM   

DOMINIC FRONTIERE was born on JUNE 17, 1931 in NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT. He has scored over 50 feature length films from the 60's into the 90's.They include HANG EM HIGH, CHISUM, BRANNIGAN, THE STUNT MAN, MODERN PROBLEMS ETC ETC.He has also done a fair share of TV shows like, THE OUTER LIMITS, RAT PATROL, 12 O CLOCK HIGH,BRANDED ETC. Dominic is currently 83 years old.

Posted:   Jun 16, 2014 - 10:33 AM   

JERRY FIELDING was born on JUNE 17, 1922 in PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA. He composed music for over 60 feature length films from the 50's into the 70's. They included ADVISE AND CONSENT,THE WILD BUNCH,LAWMAN,STRAW DOGS,THE MECHANIC,KILLER ELITE,THE BAD NEWS BEARS,THE ENFORCER,OUTLAW JOSEY WHALES ETC ETC. He also did his share of TV series scores, like, HOGAN'S HEROES,HE AND SHE,GOOD GUYS,MCMILLAN AND WIFE ETC. Has a strong following from a lot of film score lovers over the years, He passed away on FEBRUARY 17, 1980 at the young age of 57.

Posted:   Jun 16, 2014 - 12:01 PM   

MR FRONTIERE theme and score for NUMBER ONE-69- is a classic to me. AL HIRT'S performance is perfect as well.

Posted:   Jun 16, 2014 - 9:22 PM   
 By:   filmusicnow   (Member)

BRAD FIDEL was born on MARCH 10, 1951 in NEW YORK CITY. Since the mid 70's Brad has scored over 70 features, many TV features as well as theatrical films. Early in his career he worked as a keyboardist for the very successful rock group HALL AND OATES.He is best known for his music for the blockbuster THE TERMINATOR and it's sequel TERMINATOR NO 2.Here are some other popular scores he has worked on-FRIGHT NIGHT, THE BIG EASY, FRIGHT NIGHT NO 2, THE ACCUSED ,TRUE LIES, SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW,DESERT BLOOM ETC. Early in his career he did small interesting efforts like, DEADLY HERO, NIGHT SCHOOL, JUST BEFORE DAWN, EYES OF FIRE, ETC. For the tube some of his films includes PEOPLE VS JEAN HARRIS, DREAM'S DON'T DIE,MAE WEST, INTO THIN AIR, POPEYE DOYLE, OF PURE BLOOD ETC.. Unfortunately Brad has not done to much in recent years with feature length films He is currently 63 years old. Let's hope he will return to the scene and give us more good music.

He's currently involved in the hotel business.

Posted:   Jun 16, 2014 - 10:22 PM   

GEORGE S CLINTON was born on JUNE 17, 1947 in CHATTANOGA, TENNESSEE. He has scored over 80 features since the 80's, they include TOP DOG,HELLBOUND, MORTAL KOMBAT,AUSTIN POWERS,3000 MILES TO GRACELAND,BIG MAMA'S HOUSE NO 2, ETC ETC. He also did the popular TV series RED SHOE DIARIES. Currently active at the age of 67.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2014 - 11:29 AM   

MR FRONTIERE'S THEME for BARQUERO-70, has just stuck in my head for years ever since I first heard it. It does not seem to be an intentional desire but more of something my mind is so attune to, that every few weeks or a couple of months for over 30 years it just pops up in my head and I start humming it. Fascinating.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2014 - 9:28 PM   

Some of my other favorites from DOMINIC is HANG EM HIGH,AVIATOR, CHISUM,BILLIE ETC.

Posted:   Jun 18, 2014 - 12:52 AM   

JOHNNY DOUGLAS was born on JUNE 19, 1920 in HACKNEY, LONDON ,ENGLAND.A well known conducter Johnny has scored over 2 dozen features in the 60's and 70's . They include THE RAILWAY CHILDREN, CRACK IN THE WORLD, ETC, He passed away on APRIL 20, 2003 at the age of 83.

Posted:   Jun 18, 2014 - 11:41 AM   

JEEF BEAL was born on JUNE 20, 1963 in HAYWARD, CALIFORNIA.A jazz instrumentalist who has composed music for a few dozen films since the 90's . They include APPALOOSA, POLLOCK, WHERE GOD LEFT HIS SHOES, RING OF STEEL, ETC. On TV he has worked on series like ROME, CARNIVALE ETC, He is currently active at the age of 51.

Posted:   Jun 18, 2014 - 9:05 PM   

Some of my favorites of MR FIELDING are THE WILD BUNCH,LAWMAN,THE NIGHTCOMERS,OUTLAW JOSEY WALES,THE BIG SLEEP, ETC

Posted:   Jun 18, 2014 - 9:05 PM   

DELETE.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2014 - 8:35 AM   

LALO SCHIFRIN was born on JUNE 21, 1932 in BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA. He has scored over 150 feature length films since the 60's.They include, THE CINCINNATI KID, COOL HAND LUKE,COOGAN'S BLUFF, THE FOX,DIRTY HARRY,ENTER THE DRAGON,THE AMITYVILLE HORROR,RUSH HOUR ETC ETC. He also did one of the most memorable TV themes of all time for the show MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. He is currently 82 years old.

Posted:   Jun 19, 2014 - 6:01 PM   

Some of my favorites of LALO are COOL HAND LUKE, THE FOX, JOE KIDD, THE MASTER GUNFIGHTER, THE FOUR MUSKETEERS, CONCORDE AIRPORT 79- THE SEDUCTION, THE COMPETITION ETC.

Posted:   Jun 20, 2014 - 6:52 AM   

PHILIPPE SARDE was born on JUNE 21, 1945 in NEUILLY-SUR-SEINE-HAUTS-DE-SEINE, FRANCE.He has scored over 180 features since the early 70's.They included CESAR AND ROSALIE,TESS, GHOST STORY, LOVESICK,FORT SAGANNE,PIRATES,MUSIC BOX, ETC. He has pretty much retired from the scene in the past few years. He is currently 69 years old.

Posted:   Jun 20, 2014 - 9:26 PM   

MR SARDE'S THEME from the film LE CHOSES DE LA VIE -70- I felt was one of the most touching and beautiful themes to come down the pipe.

Posted:   Jun 21, 2014 - 6:53 AM   

Some of my favorites of MR SARDE are LE CHAT[theme later used in GHOST STORY] , CESAR AND ROSALIE,MADAME ROSA,TESS,QUEST FOR FIRE,SUNDAY IN THE COUNTRY,EVERY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE,LORD OF THE FLIES, THE MUSIC BOX ETC