Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 8, 2013 - 1:52 PM   
 By:   dwirving68   (Member)

Hey dwirving68: my work is not as good as Scott's, but I took pity on your need for a DCC Raiders. Here is my scan I did a year ago for an 800 x 704 sized cover (preserving the box shape):
http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?id=305540&q=id%3A305539.305540

StarTraveler, that is pretty sweet! Very nice. Would still love a 1500x1500 image, for the iPad's sake, but this is going to make a beautiful substitute. Great work! Thanx.

Posted:   Apr 8, 2013 - 3:41 PM   
 By:   Scott H.   (Member)

Nice work FarTraveler!

I had some free time the other day and I thought I should try messing around with my DCC LP on my scanner. I have only scanned a lp once before and that was more than a year ago. I remember it being a big pain and my scanner has a flaw so I cannot scan the entire bed. I have several I want to do now so I decided to experiment with the Raiders lp first and figure out how to do it all again.

This is about 80% done so far:

It's too bad you can't see this one in 4000x4000. Looks great!

I'm busy with work right now but whenever I get free time away from RL I'll finish this one and post. I'll also create a DCC cd booklet version (white background) and slipbox version (tan?) all in 1500x1500 and smaller.

Oh, and 3.5 more Morricone covers are coming very soon too. smile

Posted:   Apr 9, 2013 - 4:36 AM   
 By:   FarTraveler   (Member)

Nice work FarTraveler!

Thanks, Scott. I learned from the best! Your posts over on Album Art Exchange about your scanning process have been very helpful. Plus, you gave excellent advice on what scanner to buy!

dwirving68: I'm glad you liked the cover, I wish I had a 1500 x 1500 for you! I've done all my covers at 800 max, but it is good to know my scan will tide you over until Scott does his biggie version!

Cheers all!

Posted:   Apr 10, 2013 - 10:01 AM   

Latest batch which I will post on AAX soon.

I'm also going to post booklet/gold edition and 1st edition slipcase cover versions of DCC's Raiders of The Lost Ark soon.

Enjoy!

Posted:   Apr 11, 2013 - 4:37 PM   
 By:   ZheParadox   (Member)

slipcase cover!?
you are insane!!!!
i'm excited big grin

Posted:   Apr 20, 2013 - 10:52 AM   
 By:   Urs Lesse   (Member)

By the way, it might have been mentioned here before, but Oliver at www.underscores.fr seems to frequently have access to the original sources when it comes to GDM and other European labels' CD cover artwork (e.g. recent GDM Morricone CDs like QUEIMADA, CITTÀ VIOLENTA and IL POLIZIOTTO DELLA BRIGATE CRIMINALE – and also for Écoutez le Cinèma series from Universal France). These are usually availalbe almost exclusive in high resolution (at least 600x600) there.

Posted:   May 2, 2013 - 9:02 PM   

Here's some more covers just posted on AAX...

Enjoy!

Posted:   May 3, 2013 - 5:20 AM   
 By:   dwirving68   (Member)

Scott, sweet work on Raiders DCC. Fantastic.

Posted:   May 18, 2013 - 11:22 AM   

And here are some more...

Enjoy!

Posted:   May 18, 2013 - 11:59 AM   
 By:   eggerty31   (Member)

Outstanding as usual. Wonderful thanks smile

Posted:   Jun 1, 2013 - 10:14 AM   

And here is a feast of Thomas Newman (as requested) covers for you...

Enjoy!

Posted:   Nov 28, 2013 - 2:51 PM   
 By:   Julian K   (Member)

It looks like Album Art Exchange is open to all again.

Earlier today there was a message from that IP-blocking software saying that the key wasn't valid, so perhaps they've let their service lapse.

Anyway - make hay while you can, fellow exiles!

Posted:   Nov 28, 2013 - 10:43 PM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

Hooray, amazing news. Only thing is now I have a year and a half worth of covers to sort through!

Posted:   Dec 3, 2013 - 2:47 PM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

Oh well, that didn't last long!

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 4:18 AM   
 By:   orbital   (Member)

Here's a bunch of covers I scanned. Couldn't find these elsewhere in satisfying quality/size. These are mainly rectangular covers of multiple CD sets. They are all up at AAX: http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php

Posted:   Jan 27, 2014 - 5:08 AM   
 By:   Chris Rimmer   (Member)

Bugger it, locked out again by their security software.

I wish they'd do something about this. it's very frustrating.