Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 
 Posted:   Feb 15, 2014 - 10:07 PM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

I would be willing to bet that 95 percent of the fans of this film came to it thru the fantastic Ennio Morricone soundtrack lp on UA. The other 5 percent from the cd!!!!!!

I know i did. Bruce


I could never find a copy of the LP as a kid. I had an 8-track tape I wore out that I found in a Lucky store bargain bin around 1975-76. Later on I found La Resa Dei Conti tracks on import LP compilations I found at Tower Records, 1977-78. smile

Greg Espinoza

 
 
 Posted:   Feb 15, 2014 - 10:13 PM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

I'm very happy with this release. The Italian soundtrack on the 110-minute version doesn't bother me. The extra fifteen minutes make for a much better film. I watch a lot of foreign films with subtitles, so I'm quite tolerant in this regard. Nice extras (and Easter eggs!), too. The CD is also very handy for those who don't have it.

Just watched the 110-min. director's cut tonight, now that I have a TV that will give me the full impact. Thought it looked fantastic.

Greg Espinoza

 
 Posted:   Feb 18, 2014 - 2:34 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I'm very happy with this release. The Italian soundtrack on the 110-minute version doesn't bother me. The extra fifteen minutes make for a much better film. I watch a lot of foreign films with subtitles, so I'm quite tolerant in this regard. Nice extras (and Easter eggs!), too. The CD is also very handy for those who don't have it.

Just watched the 110-min. director's cut tonight, now that I have a TV that will give me the full impact. Thought it looked fantastic.

Greg Espinoza


I'll alert the media.
wink

 
 
 Posted:   Feb 19, 2014 - 11:26 AM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)



I'll alert the media.
wink


Just make sure they spell my name right. wink

Greg Espinoza

 
 
 Posted:   Feb 20, 2014 - 4:05 AM   
 By:   Richard-W   (Member)

I must add my praise to the chorus. I can't praise THE BIG GUNDOWN enough. It's first-rate cinema, a well-mounted production made with old-school craftsmanship, and a seriously well-told spaghetti western. The story has real substance, and the filming is done with impeccable style. Now that I've gotten to know the film, I consider it the second best spaghetti western I've seen, following ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST (1968). The transfer is reference-quality, even better than the German edition released by Explosive Media which also impressed me when it came out over a year ago (if anyone stateside wants that blu-ray set I'll let you have it cheap). If you are not a fan of spaghetti westerns -- and personally I'm disappointed in the genre -- try this one. It so far above the average spaghetti western that you're bound to like it.

The title song makes my teeth hurt, but it doesn't last long. Unfortunately it is repeated on the soundtrack CD, which is a lovely score otherwise, and makes the mult-disc set a real bargain. It is worth every penny of the $24.80 amazon charges for it. Don't hesitate. Buy It Now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMDL4UK/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

 
 Posted:   Feb 20, 2014 - 2:26 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)



I'll alert the media.
wink


Just make sure they spell my name right. wink

Greg Espinoza


IS THAT "BASTerd"
or
BAST urd"


hahahahahahahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!!!
b

 
 Posted:   Feb 20, 2014 - 2:28 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Richard W makes excellent observations!
smile

 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
© 2014 Film Score Monthly. All Rights Reserved.