Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 17, 2012 - 2:27 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

I'm hoping we'll make Tall Guy cry by battering Leeds 6-0.

Also, I like Liverpool's manager but not a big fan of the Reds in recent years. Underachieving and the whole scumbag Suarez thing put me off them a bit.

Hey Xebu - I feel much the same about the 'pool. Unfortunately, we've just signed an even bigger scumbag - spitter Diouf - which has really made me wonder about what I want from this season.

We need a takeover and an injection of cash sufficient to sign a better version of wherever Colin decides to play spitter.

Anyway, I was there when we lost 3-7 to Forest, so I'm used to sobbing on the way home.

Posted:   Aug 17, 2012 - 2:38 PM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

I feel like I've gone back in time!!
Oblicno and TG talking about footy on tinternet once more! smile
Now your teams are playing each other again, but not in the way (place) hoped, I'm guessin'.

I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to The (once) Mighty Reds.
The start of each new season fills me with fresh hope of us conquering all before us once again.
Now we're gonna be playin in that tika taka style that helped Spain conquer the world!!
Look, it's happenin' again wink

Posted:   Aug 17, 2012 - 3:07 PM   

I feel like I've gone back in time!!
Oblicno and TG talking about footy on tinternet once more! smile
Now your teams are playing each other again, but not in the way (place) hoped, I'm guessin'.

I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to The (once) Mighty Reds.
The start of each new season fills me with fresh hope of us conquering all before us once again.
Now we're gonna be playin in that tika taka style that helped Spain conquer the world!!
Look, it's happenin' again wink

Kev - 'pool were always my big hope to finish ahead of ManUre (not a big Arsene fan either) but it has to be Man City now. Plus Jamie Boy Milner is there, and I'm a Micah fan, as he went to school here in Wetherby. (God, we're shallow.) Get shot of Suarez and I might change my mind again...

My wish for the season is that Spitter breaks his legs in an improbable career-finishing incident with a Wetherspoons spittoon and that we gain promotion (ok, along with Bolton and let's say Sheffield Wednesday) without the toerag.

TG

Posted:   Aug 17, 2012 - 5:58 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

Don't laugh, i hope this is the year of the REDSKINS.

Posted:   Aug 17, 2012 - 6:15 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Don't laugh, i hope this is the year of the REDSKINS.

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 1:06 AM   

Haha, nice reply Jim, that made me laugh! smile

To TG, I agree that whole Suarez episode was unsavoury, to say the least (although I think Evra was just as culpable and both should have been punished), but the problem is, when he actually just gets on with playing football, he's a joy to watch and I reckon most fans would want him in their teams.
El Scumbag Diouf, now he's a whole 'nother matter. He's just despicable to me.
From the moment he gobbed on those Celtic fans (who were being nice, for pity's sake!!) I shared those thoughts you're having about him now. Was chuffed when we got rid.
Still, good luck for the new season, it'd be fun to have 'dirty Leeds' wink back in the top tier.
And welcome back Ob, hope things are well in Canadia (you are still there ain't ya?).

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 7:38 AM   

Still, good luck for the new season, it'd be fun to have 'dirty Leeds' wink back in the top tier.

Well, a winning start for us, with I think eight new players in our side, plus Spitter coming on for the second half. I can see why Colin signed him - to draw fouls. He played well, though, as did most of the boys. Maybe not a golden generation like the 60s, a set of experienced journeymen that just clicked like the early 90s or a group of outrageously talented youngsters all coming through together like the early 00s, but perhaps enough to get us promoted this year.

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 8:09 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

we had near riots at the hammers when Sam tried to smuggle diouf in through the back door of "Training with us with a view to signing him". So many fans were up in arms, the club backed down.

He gobbed on west ham fans long before the Celtic incident - in fact, is there a group of fans he hasnt gobbed on yet? - they complained up at Liverpool but merseyside police swept it under the carpet at the time. Once it was established he was a serial gobber, then the world believed us!

Just sad that Sam and the club tried it on in the first place. Its almost twice as insulting that a club would consider a bloke who gobbed on their own fans.

What you want is some demonstrations TG. Tough enough find enthusiasm for teams as it is, without them hiring douchebags like him.

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 12:09 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Liverpewl got its red ass beat down and Arsenal performed like they'd just lost their best player. wink

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 3:18 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

Hey Kev,

Yah, still in Canada and it's going well. Five years now. And it's warm at the moment, too. They just still have problems with my accent, which hasn't changed a jot. I got asked for the time the other day and said "five past five" there was a long silence then the girl said "five-plus-five"? I've never heard it said like that. I just apologised then wept. It happens about 3 times a week.

Football today was brutal. I watched the QPR game. They started strong in the first ten then were wiped out. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Saw the Liverpool result. Shocker. The penalties were soft, as was the sending off. Gera's goal was ace though. Just watched the Newcastle game too. it was fairly even. Spurs goal was a yard offside. Haven't seen the Fulham goals, but 5-0 was a shocker too.

Bolton were woeful against Burnley, losing 2-0. I think it's 6 points to TallGuy this year. My gift, old sport. Coyle out - we've been asking for about 20 games. Nice chap - just bloody useless at tactics and motivating players.

Posted:   Aug 18, 2012 - 4:54 PM   

I was talking to an arsenal fan yesterday. He said theyre going nowhere while they still use Tony Christie. I said who do you mean? He said "Walcott!"
Hows that I asked him:
"Well," he says, "he's always running down avenues and alleyways!!!

made me laugh.

Posted:   Aug 19, 2012 - 1:20 AM   

I was talking to an arsenal fan yesterday. He said theyre going nowhere while they still use Tony Christie. I said who do you mean? He said "Walcott!"
Hows that I asked him:
"Well," he says, "he always running down avenues and alleyways!!!

made me laugh.

Yah, very good!

Prof X, I wouldn't worry too much - I'm sure you'll find some form just in time for our visit to your gaff on 2 October. Decent start for us, though. I like some of our new players - Austin in particular is just the sort of defensive midfielder we've needed for years. Luke Varney looks a bit lightweight but I hope he proves me wrong.

The Olympics? I remember them...!

Posted:   Aug 19, 2012 - 3:15 AM   

I dont know, who on earth could love film music AND football? What odd stable mates. The two dont sit well together, do they?

And yet Jim Phelps, TG , Kev McGann and Ennio Morricone have a passion for both, so I feel in good company.

Posted:   Aug 19, 2012 - 8:17 AM   

I dont know, who on earth could love film music AND football? What odd stable mates. The two dont sit well together, do they?

An yet Jim Phelps, TG , Kev McGann and Ennio Morricone have a passion for both, so I feel in good company.

Not forgetting Xebec/Oblicno, who's currently gracing these pages in the absence of anything better to do thanks to a footie injury in respect of which he should have known better. And Shostakovich - he had notebooks full of scores and regularly cheered on the Dynamos.

So, what else have we all got in common? Easy - we're all REAL MEN...

(Plus CAT, who used to coach her kids' soccer teams.)

Posted:   Aug 19, 2012 - 12:14 PM   

Bloody hell, that Man City match was good. Pity Southampton couldn't nick the draw. And Chelsea beating the Piemen, though apparently Wigan were decent.

Posted:   Aug 19, 2012 - 10:54 PM   

Bloody hell, that Man City match was good. Pity Southampton couldn't nick the draw. And Chelsea beating the Piemen, though apparently Wigan were decent.

It was a cracker - but I'm glad City edged it because they're still the best chance of keeping Man U off the top come the end of the season. Everton getting three points tonight would be a very nice start. Come on you toffees!

Posted:   Aug 20, 2012 - 4:33 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

Someone has to get their finger out and quick!..

Posted:   Aug 20, 2012 - 1:59 PM   

Well Done you blue and white sh!te!!! wink

Not a good sign for the new season when I'm cheering on Everton but I have to take some small comforts! smile

Posted:   Aug 20, 2012 - 2:28 PM   

Well Done you blue and white sh!te!!! wink

Not a good sign for the new season when I'm cheering on Everton but I have to take some small comforts! smile

RSVP didn't do much. Long may that continue.

Posted:   Aug 20, 2012 - 3:56 PM   

That was a cracking game. Everton were robbed of a penalty early doors - not sure what the ref was doing there at all. They held on a bit in the last 20 but looked good racing forward and solid in defence. Good on 'em.