Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 4:11 PM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

DOUBLEPOSTIHATETHEINTERNET

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 5:15 PM   
 By:   Steve Johnson   (Member)

NOREASONTOHATETHEINTERNET

big grin

I work remote from my home, but I am driving into the office next month for my free flu shot.
I don't know about Swine, but I sho' as hell don't want the flu. The last time I had it, back in Nineteen hundred eighty six, I thought I was gonna DIE. Just awful.

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 5:24 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

big grin

I work remote from my home, but I am driving into the office next month for my free flu shot.
I don't know about Swine, but I sho' as hell don't want the flu. The last time I had it, back in Nineteen hundred eighty six, I thought I was gonna DIE. Just awful.

Nineteen hundred eighty six! You must be doing something right. I wish I could bag remote from my home. Instead of being out there with all the germs.wink

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 5:30 PM   
 By:   Steve Johnson   (Member)

big grin

Nineteen hundred eighty six! You must be doing something right. I wish I could bag remote from my home. Instead of being out there with all the germs.wink

I don't know- I just know I get a shot every year. And yes, I guess not having it in 23 years says a little something about that.

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 9:30 PM   
 By:   Holly Mitchell   (Member)

Shots? Meh. Did I *not* have enough while I was PG to last a life time? (It sure in the hell felt like it...)

I do not typically get a flu shot...knock on wood...I don't get sick.

EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!! (^_^)

P.S. "Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of [FSM]."

Posted:   Sep 21, 2009 - 10:16 PM   
 By:   Dan J. Schulte   (Member)

Shots? Meh. Did I *not* have enough while I was PG to last a life time? (It sure in the hell felt like it...)

I do not typically get a flu shot...knock on wood...I don't get sick.

EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!! (^_^)

P.S. "Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of [FSM]."

If hundreds of people start dying each week...THEN I'll get the shot. I'm not stupid. All one has to do is READ and one can see it's not a pandemic, or even close. There are far worse viruses that kill more people each month and I don't see any panic attacks from governments regarding those. I smell capitalism with these flu shots. Some fat group of politicians will make billions.

Posted:   Sep 22, 2009 - 6:25 AM   
 By:   Donna   (Member)

YES!!!!

Posted:   Sep 22, 2009 - 12:01 PM   
 By:   Zambra Alex   (Member)

The regular vaccine is good and advisable.
However the H1N1, hope not a reprise of 1976 when there were too many Guillain-Barre Syndrome cases (paralisis due to spinal cord injury- reaction). I'll pass on this one.

Posted:   Sep 22, 2009 - 12:06 PM   
 By:   Ray Faiola   (Member)

Definitely not. Haven't had a cold in ten years. Took a Bayer aspirin in 2006. A cigar a day keeps the doctor away!! (mine died in 1979) On the rare occasion I feel like something may be coming on I drink some hot tea and sleep for 12 hours. None of them thar patent nostrums for me!!

Posted:   Sep 22, 2009 - 5:57 PM   
 By:   Preston Neal Jones   (Member)

You are wise in your generation.

Posted:   Sep 22, 2009 - 6:03 PM   
 By:   Ray Faiola   (Member)

You are wise in your generation.

Thank you Dr. Pretorius!!

Posted:   Sep 23, 2009 - 10:32 AM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

I'm getting the H1N1 (or, "Hiney") shot so that I can be available to bury those who didn't.

Posted:   Sep 23, 2009 - 1:43 PM   
 By:   Donna   (Member)

Definitely not. Haven't had a cold in ten years. Took a Bayer aspirin in 2006. A cigar a day keeps the doctor away!! (mine died in 1979) On the rare occasion I feel like something may be coming on I drink some hot tea and sleep for 12 hours. None of them thar patent nostrums for me!!

Boy, I could use some of those Faiola genes!

Posted:   Sep 24, 2009 - 5:18 AM   
 By:   WILLIAMDMCCRUM   (Member)

You can laugh all you want at this, but silver kills viruses (and you can never build up a resistance to it like you can with antibiotics). I have tried it myself. I even gave some to my cat when she was acting sick and lethargic a week ago and within 2 days she was back to her normal self. Back in the days before antibiotics they used to put silver coins in bottles of milk to keep it fresh longer.

It's an antiseptic, but fairly non-specific. It also turns the skin blue if taken in high quantities.

This is NOT a political statement, but there's much MORE suspicion about drug-companies and doctors in the US than in, say, the UK. The reason seems clear to me. When insurance companies and fees enter the picture, people are bound to get paranoid to an extent. With something like what Obama is working towards, a lot of fears will disappear, and you'll wonder what you ever saw so threatening. Just yesterday a new anti-AIDS vaccine appeared. We do all owe these companies SOME gratitude. Of course, you'll still get the vigilantes talking about government plots to control health, population etc.. Silly season.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2009 - 8:12 AM   
 By:   eriknelson   (Member)

I received my seasonal flu shot today. My physician told me I didn't need the H1N1 shot. People born before 1957 have already been exposed to this type of virus (or close enough) and have some immunity. I hadn't heard this before. Here's a link concerning this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/health/21swineflu.html

Posted:   Sep 28, 2012 - 7:59 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

It's that time of year again, not sure if I'll get a flu shot. But I did get a tetanus shot a month and a half ago, I got stuck by a rusty fish hook.

Posted:   Sep 28, 2012 - 9:31 PM   
 By:   joan hue   (Member)

As I said before, the one year that I skipped the flu shot, I got the flu, and I SUFFERED for days. Just got my shot. I won't miss it. We also have an epidemic of whopping cough in our state, so I just got that shot. Never, ever, suffer through the horrid flu.

Posted:   Sep 29, 2012 - 1:57 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

No. The years that I did get one, it didn't prevent me from getting the flu; I always get sick very heavily once every year.

Also, I have an uncle who went to get his shot, and he ended up being paralyzed from the waist down for a year, he had to learn how to walk again. Fortunately he is back walking again today. I know this happens very rarely and is individual, but to me there's a risk either way.

As long as I'm fit and healthy I see no need to take shots of any kind (unless I'd be travelling to one of those exotic places, but no plans so far).

Posted:   Sep 30, 2012 - 6:03 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

To Francis- that's terrible , believe me it is more common then anyone realize, i try to take a moderate stance with this issue. What amazes me is all these health commercials where they are telling you about taking a certain medicene but most of the commercial is devoted telling you all the bad effects of the so called cure, not the ailment.It's crazy after hearing all the possible things you may get taking the drug, why the hell would i want to take it.Personally i don't trust DRUG INC.

Posted:   Sep 30, 2012 - 6:07 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

But people notice if you look down the whole thread it is about 50/50, which tells you something about the media telling us everyone should get a shot.