Film Score Monthly
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 21, 2009 - 6:11 AM   
 By:   vinylscrubber   (Member)

Greg, I don't think it's in print anymore or available from their website (, but you might check on eBay for ILLUSTRATION MAGAZINE Special Issue Number Six from March of 2003, which featured the artwork of Bob Peak. In fact, here you go:

Posted:   Jul 21, 2009 - 6:29 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

This is the one I've always liked:

He explored the same theme/colour palette in this non-soundtrack painting:

Posted:   Jul 21, 2009 - 8:51 AM   
 By:   mulan98   (Member)

Fantastic post Neo. Very many thanks.

Posted:   Dec 29, 2010 - 10:55 AM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

Not sure if this has already been posted, but there is an exhibition of original Bob Peak poster art on display in L.A. until April 11th.

If you're in the area, it's certainly worth a visit. Admission is free.

Greg Espinoza

Posted:   Dec 29, 2010 - 1:19 PM   
 By:   MikeJ   (Member)

I had no idea that he did the art for THE DRIVER... I love that painting!

Very cool iconic SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN painting up above and for TV GUIDE, no less!

Posted:   Dec 29, 2010 - 2:13 PM   
 By:   filmusicnow   (Member)

One of his posters also appeared on another Jerry Goldsmith album - "The Sand Pebbles".

Posted:   Dec 29, 2010 - 2:56 PM   
 By:   CinemaScope   (Member)

One of his posters also appeared on another Jerry Goldsmith album - "The Sand Pebbles".

Plus, Our Man Flint & In Like Flint.

Posted:   Dec 29, 2010 - 6:03 PM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

The Varese 2-CD SUPERMAN re-rerecording came with three Peak paintings. Just superb, and even owing the Rhino and the Blue Box, there's no way I'm parting with that old Varese.

I also love the FSM STAR TREK III, with the blue portrait that's vastly superior to the GNP Spock line-drawing cover.

Posted:   Jan 1, 2011 - 9:37 AM   
 By:   John B. Archibald   (Member)

I liked his work for EXCALIBUR best.

I appreciate more his less cluttered images.

A brilliant one not on the slide show was THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, with that marvelous Day-Glo pink cloche hat, with a drawing of Julie Andrews doing a wild Charleston in front. Marvelous.

And it's too bad there hasn't been a book of his work.

I went to that advertised exhibit on the video, and a lot of the pictures were not original, but rather photographic reproductions. There were some originals, but not as many as I'd hoped.

Posted:   Apr 12, 2014 - 7:20 PM   
 By:   Christopher Kinsinger   (Member)

I missed this thread somewhere along the way.
Gotta spend some time here, perusing.

Thanks, neo!

Posted:   Apr 25, 2014 - 1:50 PM   
 By:   Joe E.   (Member)

I dearly love Peak's work, even for movies I've never seen or don't care about, though I will admit I'm especially partial to his work for things I love. I'd dearly love to have posters of all his Star Trek work, of course...

Posted:   Apr 25, 2014 - 2:02 PM   
 By:   Christopher Kinsinger   (Member)

I currently have three Bob Peak movie poster one-sheets FOR SALE that are framed under glass. They are from "Silverado," "Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan," and "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock."
They're all hanging in my home, but I'm in the process of a total renovation, and they gotta go. I certainly have loved living with them, but it's now time for a new look.

Posted:   Apr 25, 2014 - 2:46 PM   
 By:   CinemaScope   (Member)

I'm lucky enough to have one original Bob Peak poster framed & on the wall, In Like Flint, & it's definitely not for sale.