Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 1:41 PM   
 By:   Ed Kattak   (Member)

YUMMM! sounds good Ed....are they good?

The corn dog is quite good. The real secret is the batter they used, which was also the same batter for the fish and the Crunch Pop.

There's a place in Northern New Jersey called THE ALLENDALE BAR & GRILL that serves awesome fish and chips. But I would still one day like to go to England to have the real thing.

Truly Gau Jus
Ed

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 5:29 PM   
 By:   CAT   (Member)

There's a place in Northern New Jersey called THE ALLENDALE BAR & GRILL that serves awesome fish and chips. But I would still one day like to go to England to have the real thing.
Ed

The AB&G!!! Man, talk about memories! Hey, Ed, do they still have that great pizza too?
CAT smile

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 5:35 PM   
 By:   JEC   (Member)

There's an Arthur Treacher's in Danville, Pennsylvania!

YES! TODAY! RIGHT NOW!

Arthur Treacher's!

STILL SERVING Fish 'n' Chips, deep-fried shrimp & CornDogs!

I always liked Arthur Treacher's better than Long John Silver's.

And I also preferred Burger Chef over McDonald's. Anyone remember those?

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 5:52 PM   

The NEW GAS LINE OF RESTAURANTS.

Taco Bell
Dell taco
Chilis
On the Border
Jose Tejas

Truly Gau Jus
Ed

Ed, do you remember a place on Rt. 4 in Paramus called Fiesta Hut? Are they still there? They had awesome chile (ya wanna talk gas)!!!
CAT smile

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 6:24 PM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

The original Dobbs House chain!

Posted:   Apr 4, 2003 - 10:11 PM   
 By:   Donna   (Member)

CAT/Ed

There is a GREAT Mexican restaurant (serving authentic Mexican food--no lie--outrageouin Rutherford called The Fiesta Hut...near the train station.

Gotta go there...
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted:   Apr 5, 2003 - 1:28 PM   

CAT/Ed

There is a GREAT Mexican restaurant (serving authentic Mexican food--no lie--outrageouin Rutherford called The Fiesta Hut...near the train station.

Gotta go there...
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sis, do you remember the Fiesta Hut on Rt. 4? It was near (and on the same side as) the old Alexanders (which I hear, incidentally, is going to be turned into a Lowes!). It looked like someone's old, run-down trailer home...certainly not an inviting appearance, and quite easy to miss if you weren't looking. But they had some of the best authentic Mexican food I've ever had (on the east coast, that is).
This place that you're talking about...the Fiesta Hut in Rutherford...I wonder if it could be that they moved and up-graded? Will have to check it out! Anytime you're ready.....
CAT smile

Posted:   Apr 5, 2003 - 1:43 PM   
 By:   Juverna   (Member)

Does anyone know where a 'Sonic' is?? They have the commercials all the time over here, but I've never seen one before in my LIFE! Is it some phantom restaurant? razz

Posted:   Apr 5, 2003 - 6:17 PM   

Does anyone know where a 'Sonic' is?? They have the commercials all the time over here, but I've never seen one before in my LIFE! Is it some phantom restaurant? razz

They're all over the place down here (Texas).

Posted:   Apr 5, 2003 - 10:19 PM   
 By:   Juverna   (Member)

They're all over the place down here (Texas).

That's a long drive for some onion rings! big grin

Posted:   Apr 5, 2003 - 11:29 PM   
 By:   Chris Kinsinger   (Member)

...anybody remember RAX???

Posted:   Apr 6, 2003 - 2:38 PM   
 By:   Batmusicfan   (Member)

There's 12 of them in a two mile radius here. Just a drive-in.

BTW--I MISS BURGER CHEF!! You could build your own hamburger because the fixins were out on a salad bar.

Posted:   Apr 6, 2003 - 3:28 PM   

There's 12 of them in a two mile radius here. Just a drive-in.

BTW--I MISS BURGER CHEF!! You could build your own hamburger because the fixins were out on a salad bar.

Here is a nice webpage on the history of BURGER CHEF, including an aside on the Burger Chef murders (would make a good episode for A&E's Invetigative Reports).

http://www.in.net/~mcdonajp/lostindiana/html/burger_chef.html

Posted:   Apr 7, 2003 - 12:36 PM   

Sis, do you remember the Fiesta Hut on Rt. 4? It was near (and on the same side as) the old Alexanders (which I hear, incidentally, is going to be turned into a Lowes!). It looked like someone's old, run-down trailer home...certainly not an inviting appearance, and quite easy to miss if you weren't looking. But they had some of the best authentic Mexican food I've ever had (on the east coast, that is).
This place that you're talking about...the Fiesta Hut in Rutherford...I wonder if it could be that they moved and up-graded? Will have to check it out! Anytime you're ready.....
CAT smile

CAT, the old Alexander's property is turning into a new IKEA. The monstrous blue building is up and they are nearly done. They even have a huge multi-level parking garage. It is HUGE!

Anyway, there was a Jose Tejas ion Route 4 near the KOHLS (formerly Caldow) and it burned to the ground.

However, Fuddruckers has some amazing burgers (including the Ostrich burger) and salads. They make a Southwestern chicken salad which is cheap and exquisite.

Truly Gau Jus
Ed

Posted:   Apr 7, 2003 - 12:46 PM   

CAT, the old Alexander's property is turning into a new IKEA. The monstrous blue building is up and they are nearly done. They even have a huge multi-level parking garage. It is HUGE!

Truly Gau Jus
Ed

Great news, Ed!! It'll be nice not having to go all the way down the Tpke. now! (Port Elizabeth, isn't it?) I love IKEA, and much prefer it to a Lowes!
CAT smile

Posted:   Apr 7, 2003 - 6:22 PM   

Great news, Ed!! It'll be nice not having to go all the way down the Tpke. now! (Port Elizabeth, isn't it?) I love IKEA, and much prefer it to a Lowes!
CAT smile

I've never been to Lowes. So I have not experienced the joy of Lowes. But, the benefits about Port Elizabeth is the 3% sales tax and being open on Sunday.

Other than that, we'll see how Paramus does.

Truly Gau Jus
Ed

Posted:   Apr 8, 2003 - 1:06 AM   
 By:   Chris Kinsinger   (Member)

Posted:   Apr 8, 2003 - 10:59 PM   
 By:   Dana Wilcox   (Member)

The restaurant that I miss the most isn't a fast-food chain...but it was a national chain...

Beefsteak Charlie's

Anybody remember them?

GREAT steaks, GREAT salad bar, GREAT sangria!

Beefsteak Charlie's had a salad bar with MOUNTAINS of COLD BOILED SHRIMP!!! I cried when they went away...

Posted:   Apr 8, 2003 - 11:01 PM   

I think it's like corn meal shaped like a hot dog on a stick that has been batter dipped and deep fried.

They had a similar one with a hot dog called the Crunch Pop.

Truly gau Jus
Ed

Boys, boys.... a corn dog is a HOT DOG breaded with corn meal and deep fried. No southerners here, obviously...

Ooops! Now I see Ron got it earlier. Guess I just never imagined that there was anyone who hadn't gotten sick to their stomachs on corn dogs at least once in their lives. The fair is really the only place to get a "decent" corn dog these days. Matter of fact, bad food is the only reason my wife and I go to the fair...fried cheese, sausage sandwiches with onions and peppers, funnel cakes, the absolute best cinnamon rolls know to man, big-ass turkey legs...whew, I can feel the tummy rumblin' already. (This is the true answer to Ed's query about relief for "occasional irregularity"!)

Posted:   Apr 8, 2003 - 11:14 PM   

Are we talking roast beef sandwiches here? I once worked at a place very similar to RAX. The reason the roast beef is sliced so thin (I learned while working there) is that the beef itself is tough as shoe leather, and anything thicker than a sliver is completely inedible! I do not for a fact know that this is true of Arby's beef, by the way, but I suspect that that is the case with them as well.