Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 12, 2014 - 10:24 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

Correct-TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE- JOHN HARRISON[ONE TALE] HIDEAWAY- TREVOR JONES- THE BORROWER-KEN HALE.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2014 - 10:31 PM   

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE=90-HINT- Not a performer but a creative talent behind the scenes- What does JIM MANZIE, JAMES BERNARD and PATRICK GOWERS, have in common with genre film scoring?

Posted:   Jul 13, 2014 - 7:21 AM   

HINT- Might be a little tough if you don't know about film, but the person is VERY well known for what he did, in the entertainment industry VERY WELL KNOWN..

Posted:   Jul 13, 2014 - 1:57 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

HINT- Might be a little tough if you don't know about film, but the person is VERY well known for what he did, in the entertainment industry VERY WELL KNOWN..

I don't know about the entertainment industry, but Arthur Conan Doyle does spring to mind. Both Gowers and Bernard scored Doyle inspired flicks and shows and one of the Tales was based on a Conan Doyle Story.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2014 - 6:54 PM   

CORRECT-JAMES BERNARD-HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES-PATRICK GOWERS- HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 1:08 PM   

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE-90-Hint - Performer in film- What does JOHN HARRISON, CLIFF EDELMAN and ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL have in common with genre film scoring.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 5:15 PM   

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE-90-Hint - Performer in film- What does JOHN HARRISON, CLIFF EDELMAN and ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL have in common with genre film scoring.

That would most likely be Christian Slater for Interview with a Vampire (GOLDENTHAL) and (albeit in a cameo role) in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Cliff Eidelman).

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 5:38 PM   

Correct.-My friend I will be starting another quiz thread shortly on the other side of the board shortly. I hope you will join in on that as well.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 7:20 PM   

TRILOGY OF TERROR-75-TV Anthology film-Hint- Performer in film. What does these composers have in common with genre film scoring-BOB COBERT,SCOTT HUMPHREY, and LAURIE JOHNSON?

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 7:49 PM   

TRILOGY OF TERROR-75-TV Anthology film-Hint- Performer in film. What does these composers have in common with genre film scoring-BOB COBERT,SCOTT HUMPHREY, and LAURIE JOHNSON?

Answer: Karen Black.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 8:06 PM   

CORRECT-SCOTT HUMPHREY- HOUSE OF THE 1000 CORPSES- LAURIE JOHNSON- IT'S ALIVE NO 3.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 8:34 PM   

TRILOGY OF TERROR-75- HINT- Not a performer but a creative talent behind the scenes- What does, BOB COBERT, MICHAEL KAMEN , HANS SALTER, HERMAN STEIN and IRVING GERTZ have in common with genre film scoring?

Posted:   Jul 14, 2014 - 8:34 PM   

Delete.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2014 - 5:49 PM   

HINT-A well respected man in his field

Posted:   Jul 15, 2014 - 6:43 PM   

HINT-A well respected man in his field

Sounds like Richard Matheson to me.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2014 - 6:59 PM   

Correct-M KAMEN - WHEN DREAMS MAY DIE-SALTER STEIN , GERTZ- THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN.

Posted:   Jul 16, 2014 - 7:27 AM   

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN-1969-HINT- A creative force behind the scenes. What does JERRY GOLDSMITH, GEORGES DELERUE and DAVID BUTTOLPH have in common in genre film scoring?

Posted:   Jul 16, 2014 - 7:39 AM   
 By:   Graham Watt   (Member)

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN-1969-HINT- A creative force behind the scenes. What does JERRY GOLDSMITH, GEORGES DELERUE and DAVID BUTTOLPH have in common in genre film scoring?

That must be Ray Bradbury's stories for SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES and THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS. I only know that because I asked a similar question a while back!

Posted:   Jul 16, 2014 - 6:15 PM   

correct.

Posted:   Jul 16, 2014 - 6:15 PM   

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN -69- Hint- Performer in film- What does JERRY GOLDSMITH, LALO SCHRIFIN and JOHN DEBNEY have in common with genre film scoring/