Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Oct 18, 2013 - 11:50 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

I am happy this is happening but sure would like some of JW's music that has not been released - well released. i.e., Secret Ways and Sugarland Express (both on one CD). I can dream can't I?

Is it November 19th yet?

You're obviously thinking about the release of THE BOOK THIEF. Yeah, can't wait for that -- it's so fitting that it also happens to be my birthday! smile

And yes, I sincerely hope there will be another unreleased Williams soon -- it's been AGES since the last time (I can't even remember what it was). We've just seen expansions upon expansions.

Posted:   Oct 18, 2013 - 11:54 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Wasn't it FSM's last Williams release (almost two years ago now) at the end of 2011: Nightwatch?

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 18, 2013 - 3:08 PM   
 By:   Gary S.   (Member)

Looks like Moviemusic is out as well. frown

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 1:50 AM   
 By:   DeviantMan   (Member)

OOP?!?

Oops, looks like somebody didn't anticipate demand here,
Intrada?
Kritzerland?

Help?

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 2:20 AM   
 By:   shicorp   (Member)

How comes this thread has been here since Thursday and I completely missed it. frown

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 6:55 AM   
 By:   Maleficio   (Member)

OOP?!?

Oops, looks like somebody didn't anticipate demand here,
Intrada?
Kritzerland?

Help?

More like someone exactly anticipated demand and did not want to get stuck with excess copies.

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 7:23 AM   
 By:   Stefan Huber   (Member)

In defense of 'Music Box' I have to say that this is really an odd game: the less prominent labels seem to sell less than the more prominent ones (Varese, Intrada, now Kritzerland) - irregardless of what they release. I have to wonder, for instance, that Quartet still has one of the "Pink Panther" scores for sale. Had it been released by Intrada or Kritzerland (not to say Varese!), it would have been gone for ages...

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 12:54 PM   
 By:   Pauls19344   (Member)

How could this be sold out, There was no way I could see to order it. There was just a 'Notify me when available" link?!
I really wanted this CD. Very disappointed. If there are any leads to web stores with copies, please let me know(!)
Paul

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 7:41 PM   
 By:   jkannry   (Member)

Try Chris' soundtrack corner . Still taking pre-orders. Suspect won't be true by Monday.

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 7:42 PM   
 By:   jkannry   (Member)

Suspect has enough copies to cover and not first place people look. No copies surfacing in eBay or amazon yet.

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 10:41 PM   
 By:   Loren   (Member)

You should know the equation

Y copies * X = quick sell out

where

X = Williams or Goldsmith
Y <= 1200

regardless of the label.

Believe it or not, this already worked countless times.
On the other hand the above equation is not (or no more) true for other composers, like Fielding (Gambler or Mechanic are still available from LLL/Quartet).

Posted:   Oct 19, 2013 - 11:57 PM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

where

Y <= 1200

regardless of the label.

On the other hand the above equation is not (or no more) true for other composers, like Fielding (Gambler or Mechanic are still available from LLL/Quartet).

There is another very important value - Z!
Z = how many new material is on CD?
It's really works - LLL re-release LP program of Jane Eyre (2000 copies), and still have them. If I remember correct, this was one of the reason, why Long Goodbye was printed at so low quantity (1000) - they didn't expect, that this will be so quick Sold Out! title.
Same here - where was old OOP Varese edition, many wants it. If Music Box re-release just same LP-presentation, I think it can be in stock little more. But Music Box also give us complete score, so even people who already own Varese version wants this edition too.

Posted:   Oct 21, 2013 - 10:43 PM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

What was the price before it sold out?

Posted:   Oct 21, 2013 - 11:09 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

where

Y <= 1200

regardless of the label.

There is another very important value - Z!
Z = how many new material is on CD?
It's really works - LLL re-release LP program of Jane Eyre (2000 copies), and still have them. If I remember correct, this was one of the reason, why Long Goodbye was printed at so low quantity (1000) - they didn't expect, that this will be so quick Sold Out! title.
Same here - where was old OOP Varese edition, many wants it. If Music Box re-release just same LP-presentation, I think it can be in stock little more. But Music Box also give us complete score, so even people who already own Varese version wants this edition too.

Jane Eyre was 2000 units, twice as many as Fitzwilly. Currently we have sold about 1700 units, so if we would have done 1000, 1200 or 1500 units it would have sold out fairly quickly.

mV

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 9:04 AM   
 By:   Bond1965   (Member)

where

Y <= 1200

regardless of the label.

No one said there would be math!

J

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 9:06 AM   
 By:   Bond1965   (Member)

Delete.

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 9:40 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

More like someone exactly anticipated demand and did not want to get stuck with excess copies.

Every release from now on should be 500 copies so this happens. Everyone knows it's the end of the world to have a few copies lying around so people who actually want them can buy them.

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 9:41 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 2:42 PM   
 By:   Music Box Records   (Member)

Due to a huge demand, we decided to press a small additional units for those who missed it. We will let you know when they are available.... Let’s just hope Fitzwilly won’t steal it! ;-)

Posted:   Oct 22, 2013 - 6:00 PM   
 By:   Senn555   (Member)

It's back in stock at Screen Archives, also.

http://screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/26214/FITZWILLY-1000-EDITION-LIMIT-ONE-PER-CUSTOMER/