Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 8, 2013 - 5:10 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Right. Let's get on to the next one. Have you decided which of the two titles it will be, Haineshisway?

Posted:   Oct 8, 2013 - 6:15 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Bruce, could the next cd be a golden age? smile

Posted:   Oct 8, 2013 - 6:46 PM   
 By:   Josh Mitchell   (Member)

Sobel's score is just so much fun, and the sound quality is fantastic as expected. I listened to it twice last night and again on the way to work and back today, yet I'm already itching to spin it again. Bravo, BK!

Posted:   Oct 8, 2013 - 6:47 PM   
 By:   haineshisway   (Member)

The next CD will either be Golden or Silver Age - just waiting to find out which.

Posted:   Oct 8, 2013 - 9:33 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

Sobel's score is just so much fun, and the sound quality is fantastic as expected. I listened to it twice last night and again on the way to work and back today, yet I'm already itching to spin it again. Bravo, BK!

Agreed! Another ballsy move by Bruce pays off. Bien joué Bruce!

Posted:   Oct 9, 2013 - 12:28 AM   
 By:   zooba   (Member)

Was the "Jerry's Jam" cue written for a scene in the movie?

It just sounds like Jerry sitting at the piano, kind of relaxing and playing. It has a nice feel to it. I just feel Jerry was just being Jerry in the cue. If that's understandable.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2013 - 9:55 AM   
 By:   Altamese   (Member)

It just sounds like Jerry sitting at the piano, kind of relaxing and playing. It has a nice feel to it. I just feel Jerry was just being Jerry in the cue. If that's understandable.

Now that folks have received the CD, how about comparing the two scores? Is the Sobel one so much better than the Goldsmith one? (I don't mean that as an implied criticism, I just wonder how much better one score can be over the other.)

Posted:   Oct 13, 2013 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

It's my belief that this cue was meant to be source music played in the background during the scene where Caan meets Terence Stamp for the first time at some kind of award ceremony.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 2:47 AM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

Has there been any guessing/teasing on the next Kritzerland release?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 1:49 PM   

Has there been any guessing/teasing on the next Kritzerland release?

Calling Mr. Bruce K. smile

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 3:33 PM   

We still don't know which of the two it will be. I suppose we could entertain guesses for each of the releases - it will be one of them smile Both releases have two scores - one has two scores by the same composer (we hope that's the one that's next) and one has two scores each by a different composer.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 4:06 PM   

We still don't know which of the two it will be. I suppose we could entertain guesses for each of the releases - it will be one of them smile Both releases have two scores - one has two scores by the same composer (we hope that's the one that's next) and one has two scores each by a different composer.

Some Friedhofer?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 4:07 PM   
 By:   manderley   (Member)

Is THE composer of "two scores/1 composer" Victor Young?

Is ONE of the composers of "two scores/2 composers" Cyril Mockridge or Victor Young?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 4:11 PM   

one cd: 1950s?

second cd: 1960s?

Paramount?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 5:52 PM   

None of the composers correct. One CD is comprised of two Golden Age scores. One is two Silver Age scores.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 6:38 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Somewhere among these 2 future CD's could we find an Elmer Bernstein or a Sol Kaplan or a Franz Waxman score ?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 6:45 PM   

One CD is comprised of two Golden Age scores.

One released before and one not?

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 7:03 PM   

Somewhere among these 2 future CD's could we find an Elmer Bernstein or a Sol Kaplan or a Franz Waxman score ?

You will not.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 7:03 PM   

None of the four scores involved have ever been released before.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2013 - 7:13 PM   
 By:   Ag^Janus   (Member)

None of the four scores involved have ever been released before.

Ordered!