Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 23, 2012 - 12:24 AM   
 By:   tyuan   (Member)

Buy it and listen to it, if You dare.....

Posted:   May 26, 2012 - 12:40 AM   
 By:   babbelballetje   (Member)

The quality of Masters of the universe isn't perfect, but neither was the original album. It isn't that bad for such an old tv score which no one ever expected to see on cd.

There are some shaky moments on there, but it's still very listenable

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 9:22 AM   
 By:   SunSword   (Member)

A new release of the music is coming soon! This time I think it will be done right. smile

From He-Man.org (September 18, 2012):

"30TH Anniversary Commemorative DVD Collection coming in December!
He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® Collection Offers Fans 189 Episodes on 22 DVDs of the Three Television Series

Minneapolis, MN (September 18, 2012) To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Masters of the Universe® brand, Mill Creek Entertainment announces the release of the 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® DVD. This epic 22-DVD set chronicles all three Masters of the Universe series, and also includes a bonus DVD containing new and unreleased documentary features, a bonus audio CD with the classic Filmation series soundtrack, an exclusive MOTUC sword accessory and an extensiveepisode guide booklet all contained in a deluxe display-worthy package complete with a sculpted Castle Grayskull facade.

The 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection will be available in December from Mill Creek Entertainment for $99.98 SRP.

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® battle against Skeletor® and his crew of dastardlyvillains in the landmark, original animated series based on thesuccessful toyline and created by world-renowned Filmation Studios.

•Aired on television from 1983-1985
•All 130 Episodes are featured in the collection on 16 DVDs
•Six Documentary Featurettes
•100 Character Profiles
•English & Spanish Audio Tracks

The New Adventures of He-Man® and theMasters of the Universe®

A new chapter in the life of The MostPowerful Man in the Universe™ begins when He-Man® is summoned to the future by the inhabitant of an endangered planet, Primus. With the power of good and the way of magic, He-Man® and the Galactic Guardians struggle against the forces of darkness.

•Aired on television from 1990-1991
•The top 20 Fan-Favorite Episodes on 2 DVDs
•Bonus Documentary Featurette

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®

This exciting revival of the classic 80s series focuses on the early adventures of He-Man® as he leads the Masters of the Universe® into battle against the villainous Skeletor® and his evil warrior henchman, who scheme to rule Eternia® and spread chaos through the kingdom.

•Aired on television from 2002-2004
•All 39 Episodes on 4 DVDs
•Interviews with Toyline Artists from Mattel and The Four Horsemen
•12 Audio Commentaries
•A PDF Comic Book for Unproduced Episode #40

Additional Collectible Bonus Items

•Exclusive Power Sword®
?This MOTUC accessory represents the Sword of He-Man® and is offered in the Eternian gold color for this commemorative anniversary edition.
•Audio Soundtrack
?An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy

•All-New Documentary
?A bonus DVD containing a brand new FANS OF MOTU documentary featurette in addition to ten previously unreleased documentary programs
•Episode Guide
?A 48-page commemorative booklet and episode guide for all 189 episodes "

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 9:44 AM   
 By:   CDDA   (Member)

Very nice!

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 10:08 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

I wouldn't bet on it. It's very, very likely tghe same contents as the CD that started this thread, minus the last three tracks -- the two themes and long track which is a story.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 10:13 AM   

Yeah I assume the music tracks are the same as the original album, but I'm thinking the quality will be better for such a gorgeous DVD box set.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 12:13 PM   

If the audio quality will be good, I'll buy immediately that box set!
The score of MOTU is a Holy Grail for me.

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 12:30 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

wink

MV

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 12:38 PM   

^Wow this day just keeps getting better! smile

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 2:21 PM   
 By:   CDDA   (Member)

The french label XIII Bis remastered some tracks from what was possible to transfer from the master tapes available there.
Probably the master to the argentian and french LP were done in the USA and maybe a copy of that mix survived in better condition. I hope the bonus CD come from that.
If not, I'll stop to read the tech talk part in the booklets for awhile. hehe

Posted:   Sep 24, 2012 - 7:21 PM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

I'm going to have to get this.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 2:01 AM   

If you are already buying the set because you are a MOTU fan like moi, then please do so. If you are buying the set JUST for the cd you might want to wait.

Just sayin'. . .

wink

MV

YES YES YES!!! LALALAND I LOVE YOU!!!!! *_________*
Tell me when and how much, I will buy lots of copies of the original MOTU score!!! *__*

Long life to Shuki Levy! Long life to Lalaland!!!!!!!

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 2:08 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Good to read. I hope La-La does a boxset of Shuki Levy material smile

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 3:22 AM   

I will buy immediately every cd / box with Mr Levy music inside.
Shuki Levy is the God of cartoon scores!!!
If possible, please insert also the italian version of Shuki Levy themes! *__* They have been recorded in the 80s using the same instrumental background music.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 10:47 AM   
 By:   KonstantinosZ   (Member)

I wouldn't buy the DVDs, since the BLurays are coming in a month or so:

http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-staffel-1-blu-ray-disc
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-staffel-2-blu-ray-disc

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 11:24 AM   

Not to go too far off topic, but this has me curious^:
I'm not too tech savvy, but weren't the original master tapes of MOTU transferred to digital format by Hallmark (and subsequently destroyed mad ) years ago, before Blu-Ray even existed? How can a remastered Blu-Ray be made without the original masters?

On topic:
I love how MV dropped that little hint the other day. Its actually VERY exciting because if recordings of the MOTU music still exist somewhere, imagine what else they might find from the Filmation library! We have heard from reliable sources that Star Trek TAS has been lost to the ages, but there were alot of other great soundtracks from Filmation shows. smile Actually, perhaps while LLL was originally looking into the possiblity of Star Trek TAS, that was when they discovered some MOTU music. This is all just speculation, I usually read too much into MV's little clues, LOL. But a man can dream, can't he? wink

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 12:02 PM   

He-Man, She-Ra, Ghostbusters, Rainbow Brite, Cities of Gold, Quacula, Inspector Gadget....
I want all the scores composed by Shuki Levy!!!
All these titles are Holy Grails for me!!! *__*

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:33 PM   
 By:   KonstantinosZ   (Member)

I'm not too tech savvy, but weren't the original master tapes of MOTU transferred to digital format by Hallmark (and subsequently destroyed mad ) years ago, before Blu-Ray even existed? How can a remastered Blu-Ray be made without the original masters?

well, i'm no tech expert either, but do all movies in Bluray come from the original masters? I think not. Only a few.
Eg. in the indiana Jones trilogy, only Raiders was restored from the original elements.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:41 PM   
 By:   Mathew   (Member)

The Blu-Rays seems to be a german release. Maybe the distributor KSM has usable masters.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2012 - 1:49 PM   
 By:   Gotham95   (Member)

I knew there was a reason I love La La Land so much.