Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:16 PM   
 By:   mstrox   (Member)

I don't find this thread particularly objectionable, since it's compartmentalized and not destroying another thread. I think engaging conversation can be had about things we dislike, as long as it isn't just trolling.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:17 PM   
 By:   YOR The Hunter From The Future   (Member)

I'm convinced that Zimmer killed Yor/Andre Lux's family or something. Can't see any other reason for his Crusade of Hatred.

I'm a big Zimmer fan, but there are obviously things I'm not too keen on. I never thought he was particularly good at comedies and romantic dramas, for example.

Torh from sweeden, aka Osama Bin Laden, gets really mad when someone say nasty things about Zimma!

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:20 PM   
 By:   paulhickling   (Member)

Who'd have thought this seemingly terrible composer could come up with something as wondeful as The Lone Ranger?

Ruddy marvelous!

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:20 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

I don't find this thread particularly objectionable, since it's compartmentalized and not destroying another thread. I think engaging conversation can be had about things we dislike, as long as it isn't just trolling.

If you know Andre Lux's history and his Zimmer hatred, you know it's the latter thing.

I have nothing against a critical thread about any composer, really (including this board's favourite pet Jerry Goldsmith), but it all depends on angle and how constructive it is fashioned. This was not it, and it's terribly transparent.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:22 PM   

If you know Andre Lux's history and his Zimmer hatred, you know it's the latter thing.

I have nothing against a critical thread about any composer, really (including this board's favourite pet Jerry Goldsmith), but it all depends on angle and how constructive it is fashioned. This was not it, and it's terribly transparent.

Tohr, aka Osama Bin Laden, is also a secret agent!

YOR is impressed!

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:25 PM   
 By:   losher22   (Member)

YOR, no personal offense, but some of your posts are the very thing wrong with this entire message board. Give it up man, we realize you're not a fan.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:30 PM   

This thread is marked for "nonzimmer lovers only".

Why zimmerlovers enter it?

Makes no sense!

When people open thread to say what was hanz best score (for zimmer lovers only) YOR did not enter it.

What is wrong with these people?

YOR does not know!

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:31 PM   
 By:   DavidCoscina   (Member)

I enjoyed Rain Man and Thelma & Louise. They were terrific scores. When Hans started heading in an orchestral direction, it sounded forced and not good (Radio Flyer was a huge disappointment). Lion King was still pretty good but I disliked Backdraft and The Rock.

I think rather than pick out specific scores, the one thing I disdain is his action cues. Whether it's Last Samurai or Gladiator, I find his orchestral action pieces noisy and lacking musical coherence. I've said it repeatedly and even on the music forum he frequents though I'm sure he couldn't give a crap about what some nobody from Canada has to say about his music.

On a side note, given his fame and the millions who idolize him, I'm genuinely surprised that his ego or psyche is so delicate that any naysayers affect him so profoundly. It's truly odd. Does he wish he was universally loved? That isn't going to happen to anyone (even God) and it's quite the slippery slope to hope for that....Dr Phil segment is now finished.

(EDIT- curiously, after a rather heated debate with an obviously schooled musician on that other forum, Hans has been MIA ever since]

I will say one final thing- his slow or meditative cues are or can be very affecting. I stand by that and enjoy them quite a bit. But I really don't like his hyper action pieces at all.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:41 PM   
 By:   facehugger   (Member)

Makes no sense!

When people open thread to say what was hanz best score (for zimmer lovers only) YOR did not enter it.

YOR does not know!

I give you three explanations:

Hypocrites trying to take the moral high ground in order to feel good;

Fanboys/girls getting personal when it comes to their god;

Industry tool trying to score kool credits so he can get more opportunity to write liner notes or conduct interviews.

Take your pick.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:41 PM   
 By:   losher22   (Member)

Makes no sense!

YOR does not know!

I'm not a Zimmer lover per se, but you're right, I shouldn't have entered. Again, no disrespect to you personally.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 1:44 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Black Rain
Man of Steel

and quite a lot in between.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:10 PM   
 By:   Loren   (Member)

Again Yor proves to be the most stupid (and ignorant) troll in history of trolls.
He is not even good in making the clown he wishes to be in this board.
I'm sure he is a very sad and negative guy in real life.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:13 PM   
 By:   On the Score   (Member)

Makes no sense!

YOR does not know!

I'm not a Zimmer lover per se, but you're right, I shouldn't have entered. Again, no disrespect to you personally.

With me, it is personal. You are everything that is wrong about this board

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:22 PM   

I give you three explanations:

Hypocrites trying to take the moral high ground in order to feel good;

Fanboys/girls getting personal when it comes to their god;

Industry tool trying to score kool credits so he can get more opportunity to write liner notes or conduct interviews.

Take your pick.

"When Yor airs his Zimmer hatred, facehugger predictably appears on his hatewagon". Old jungle saying.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:33 PM   

"When Yor airs his Zimmer hatred, facehugger predictably appears on his hatewagon". Old jungle saying.

Because I don't like Zimmer and this thread is titled "nonzimmer lovers only"? Thanks for figuring that out Genius.

The curious thing is: why are you here? Since you're CLEARLY NOT here to comment on Zimmer scores, then are you so attached to YOR emotionally that you're obliged to strike a conversation with him? You need to see a shrink if that is the case.

Cuz, you know, getting obsessed with a person over the internet is unhealthy and all.

That and your repeating your dislike of C&C like a broken record.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:36 PM   
 By:   David Sones (Allardyce)   (Member)

Stop the arguing and shit-slinging or this thread is done.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:39 PM   

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:43 PM   

Yeah let's get back on the Zimmer analysis (reads: bashing).

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 2:57 PM   

Because I don't like Zimmer and this thread is titled "nonzimmer lovers only"? Thanks for figuring that out Genius.

The curious thing is: why are you here? Since you're CLEARLY NOT here to comment on Zimmer scores, then are you so attached to YOR emotionally that you're obliged to strike a conversation with him? You need to see a shrink if that is the case.

Cuz, you know, getting obsessed with a person over the internet is unhealthy and all.

That and your repeating your dislike of C&C like a broken record.

To put it slightly milder than what I would have done in an un-censored environment: Why don't you just sod off?

Posted:   Sep 3, 2013 - 3:00 PM   

With me, it is personal. You are everything that is wrong about this board

Almost Bald Man With Glasses Trying To Look Cool was too hard on losher22!

losher22 is good people!

Bad form!