Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 19, 2011 - 12:40 PM   
 By:   ChristianKühn   (Member)

This score is a jewel and should be the most talked-about new score of 2011. It's just grand!

Posted:   May 19, 2011 - 1:52 PM   
 By:   kingtolkien   (Member)

It is a return to form from Doyle. Way better than Thor.
I absolutelly love it.

Posted:   Jun 29, 2011 - 9:34 PM   
 By:   Ed   (Member)

Fantastic effort from Doyle - embodies all the qualities of his best scores. I'm liking THOR as well, but DROITE is a cut above even for Doyle.

That shouldn't be too surprising, though. As successful and well-known as his collaborations with Kenneth Branagh have been, his scores for Régis Wargnier have been his masterpieces: Indochine, Une Femme Française, Pars Vite et Reviens Tard, and Est-Ouest.

Now, can we please, please get a soundtrack for Man To Man?

Posted:   Jun 29, 2011 - 11:39 PM   
 By:   voiced   (Member)

Mikael's Movie Score Media label is supposed to be releasing Man 2 Man any time soon, as confirmed by Maggie Rodford in November 2009.

Posted:   Jun 30, 2011 - 11:05 AM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Never heard about the film. Did it get a U.S. release? The main title music I just played sounds terrific. Definitely looking forward to a CD release of this score.

Posted:   May 9, 2012 - 3:29 PM   
 By:   ChristianKühn   (Member)

This score is awesomest, so how come that there is barely any discussion of it, eh? EH? EH?

Posted:   May 9, 2012 - 8:22 PM   
 By:   jamesluckard   (Member)

Never heard about the film. Did it get a U.S. release? The main title music I just played sounds terrific. Definitely looking forward to a CD release of this score.

Wargnier's last few films have not been released in the US. I tracked down MAN TO MAN and PARS VITE ET REVIENS TARD on import DVDs to check them out and can safely say the US didn't miss anything - they're dreadful, nothing like his amazing EST/OUEST.

Posted:   Nov 19, 2013 - 12:08 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Just got this.

It's a lovely score. Yes, it has a Philipp Glass vibe like a LOT of stuff these days, but it's refreshing from Doyle's pen (he's always had certain minimalist tendencies here and there). Certainly more rewarding than a lot of other stuff he's done recently, including the AMERICA symphony thingie.