Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 18, 2013 - 6:02 AM   
 By:   Gunnar   (Member)

Sorry to keep dwelling on this but the more I think about it the more this felt like one of the most extraordinary musical nights I've ever had in my life, and I've had quite a few of those. And yet it was so simple and unexpected.

I can totally relate to that. As much as I'd love to hear John Williams conduct his film music, such a recital is much more unique and, because of its size, more intimate. I'm happy for you that you could make it and tell us about it.

Posted:   Nov 22, 2013 - 9:25 PM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

Wow! Last night I saw PHILOMENA, terrific movie, and Desplat was there! He finished off my program with his signature plus a couple CDs. I got to talk to him about the concert AND the film. You really luck out in this town.

Posted:   Nov 22, 2013 - 9:25 PM   

double post

Posted:   Nov 23, 2013 - 9:10 AM   

There have been posts that say all Williams has to do is hiccup and he gets an Oscar nomination. Frankly based on the response above I think this board is worse. Only what Williams, whose place for me is about half way down for these pieces, gets attention? Other composers could have written " The Rite of Spring" and the inquiries would have been on the Williams piece.

But that happened to Stravinsky too.

Posted:   Dec 23, 2014 - 11:50 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

The CD is up for pre-order at Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Montage-Great-Film-Composers-Piano/dp/B00QB4MRFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1419407160&sr=1-1

Posted:   Dec 24, 2014 - 4:57 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

Great! I can't remember if I get one by backing the project. I think I do!!

EDIT: I don't! I forgot, this was one of those Kickstarters where the reward that included the CD was way too high. I guess I'll be pre-ordering this after all! Thanks for the link.

Posted:   Jan 23, 2015 - 11:41 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Arrived yesterday and playing now smile