Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 12, 2016 - 10:05 AM   
 By:   Accidental Genius   (Member)

Finally got around to play this. All I can say is that I hardly played the Varese expansion. This new set really gains on you with more improved dynamic sound. Analogue source really has brought out the best and Bruce was right on his mark all along. Kudos to James Nelson for the restoration. Goldsmith was really bold to infuse electronics along with a similar toned project like WARLOCK- and it works great on both of them. Thanks again for resurrecting this fine Goldsmith score. (For those who missed out, they can still nab a copy of this 2CD set on Amazon.com marketplace)

Agreed. Finally watched the movie so I could get the visuals with Jerry's score. Some things about the film worked well, especially the creepy villain (sorry, at work, forget his name). Ultimately, the film itself didn't work for me but it's a wonderful score.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2016 - 9:34 PM   
 By:   rickO   (Member)

Finally got around to play this. All I can say is that I hardly played the Varese expansion. This new set really gains on you with more improved dynamic sound. Analogue source really has brought out the best and Bruce was right on his mark all along. Kudos to James Nelson for the restoration. Goldsmith was really bold to infuse electronics along with a similar toned project like WARLOCK- and it works great on both of them. Thanks again for resurrecting this fine Goldsmith score. (For those who missed out, they can still nab a copy of this 2CD set on Amazon.com marketplace)

Agreed. Finally watched the movie so I could get the visuals with Jerry's score. Some things about the film worked well, especially the creepy villain (sorry, at work, forget his name). Ultimately, the film itself didn't work for me but it's a wonderful score.

The man who played the villain was Julian Beck. He totally made that movie. And Goldsmith! And it's too bad that Heather O'Rourke died so young, she would be interesting to see today and what she would bring to movies.

-Rick O.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2016 - 4:00 PM   
 By:   filmusicnow   (Member)

Goldsmith's use of electronics make this score even more scarier than the first one.