Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 14, 2015 - 12:23 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

This COULD HAVE been a good film. Not as good as the fantastic TFA, but something a bit above the very good ASP.

Had they filmed the script and removed about 75 percent of the mind-numbing, ridiculous action scenes , you would have had a fine film.

But, i guess the 165 million dollar gross for TFA wasn't good enuf. So, they decided to do another AVENGERS superhero flic.

I am DONE with Marvel films.
Finished!

have a nice day
:0
bruce

Posted:   Mar 12, 2015 - 7:13 AM   
 By:   emusician   (Member)

Interesting that they open the film with Silvestri's score. (It's not just The Theme. It's an actual track from the first film, although I don't recall which it is now.)

Anyone know what track was used from the first movie?

Posted:   Mar 12, 2015 - 4:26 PM   
 By:   Mike West   (Member)

Interesting that they open the film with Silvestri's score. (It's not just The Theme. It's an actual track from the first film, although I don't recall which it is now.)

Anyone know what track was used from the first movie?

it is two tracks edited together, I am quite sure this is in one of the previous posts.
Triumphant Return is the second I think.

Posted:   Mar 12, 2015 - 4:47 PM   
 By:   Mike West   (Member)

The first one is not on the album, it is the cue "flagpole"

Posted:   Jun 23, 2016 - 10:06 AM   
 By:   Accidental Genius   (Member)

Decided to give this score another try before putting it on the to-go pile, but alas I'm only 5 tracks in and I almost feel guilty taking a measly dollar for it. In any case, still giving it a full listen "just in case." Love the electronic noise that interrupts melodic lines for no apparent reason. My recollection is they do nothing for the film itself. Ugh.

Posted:   Jun 23, 2016 - 10:10 AM   
 By:   Accidental Genius   (Member)

Nope, can't get past track 6. Done.

Posted:   Jun 23, 2016 - 11:46 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

There seem to be some overlong demo pieces (Captain America), but some of the shorter tracks are my favorites. "Taking a Stand" and "Project Insight" are the best cues IMO.

I much prefer the Civil War score.

Posted:   Jun 23, 2016 - 11:52 AM   
 By:   cormoranstrike   (Member)

The long "Captain America" track is my favorite, although I usually skip to start it from 1:30. I love how it slowly builds and builds.

Posted:   Jun 23, 2016 - 2:19 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

There seem to be some overlong demo pieces (Captain America), but some of the shorter tracks are my favorites. "Taking a Stand" and "Project Insight" are the best cues IMO.

I much prefer the Civil War score.

As many times as I've listened to Civil War I still hear it as little more than a by-the-numbers effort, with maybe a few flourishes of Americana or the odd heroic bit. It often sounds like just another unmemorable (but by no means bad) Alan Silvestri score.

Winter Soldier, on the other hand, is an outstanding score and the best Marvel score so far.