Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 14, 2013 - 3:53 PM   
 By:   ChristianKühn   (Member)

The next batch should have the last (!) three B5 discs. I can't believe that I'm actually going to finish the whole series.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2013 - 7:31 PM   
 By:   samlowry   (Member)

Biggest problem with nice covers and Itunes is the idiotic discontinuation of the cover flow feature in it's new version. People who appreciate cover art should log a complaint with their forum online. Right now, Itunes SUCKS.

SCOTT

Hence the reason I uninstalled iTunes 11 and went back to 10.7. Its much easier to enjoy the coverflow until Apple decides to return it (at least as an option) to its latest version of iTunes. smile

I know guys, I'm horrified as well by Apple's irrationality on the features (or lack of ) for this new iTunes. I go through great pains to make sure all my artwork is in nice resolution and retouched when necessary and the one feature that allows me to enjoy all these covers flowing on my screen is now Gone!

So I'm also sticking to 10.7 until the day Apple realizes its nonsense!

Posted:   Feb 14, 2013 - 7:32 PM   
 By:   Sketchkid   (Member)

Great job on Braveheart Scott, thanks a ton! Been on my wanted list for a long time. Did you separate the green background and fine tune it on another layer? That's what I did, but I was only working with the best I could fine online... for some reason the green is just a tough color to nail down.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2013 - 9:13 PM   
 By:   Scott H.   (Member)

Great job on Braveheart Scott, thanks a ton! Been on my wanted list for a long time. Did you separate the green background and fine tune it on another layer? That's what I did, but I was only working with the best I could fine online... for some reason the green is just a tough color to nail down.

Thanks for the compliment.

I did Braveheart as a single layer (as I do for most covers). I bought my cd from a used bin long ago and the cover had some water damage and a creased corner.

And yes, green (and for my scanner especially cyan) is a tough color.

Posted:   Feb 24, 2013 - 9:04 PM   

Thanks again to eggerty for helping me complete (YAY) the B5 series.

Enjoy!

Posted:   Feb 25, 2013 - 12:18 AM   
 By:   eggerty31   (Member)

Congratulations on finishing them and thanks for all your work on the B5 covers.

Posted:   Feb 25, 2013 - 9:44 PM   
 By:   Sketchkid   (Member)

Made my day Scott, thanks! (Aliens, Rudy, V)

Posted:   Feb 27, 2013 - 11:39 AM   
 By:   calmblueocean81   (Member)

Can I just give a huge big thanks to Scott and everyone else who contributes to AlbumArtExchange, an absolutely invaluable resource for an album art obsessive like myself, especially when it comes to the rare and odd-ball scores that find their way onto the site smile

Posted:   Feb 27, 2013 - 11:47 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

Can I just give a huge big thanks to Scott and everyone else who contributes to AlbumArtExchange, an absolutely invaluable resource for an album art obsessive like myself, especially when it comes to the rare and odd-ball scores that find there way onto the site smile

Yes!

Posted:   Feb 27, 2013 - 7:17 PM   

especially when it comes to the rare and odd-ball scores that find there way onto the site smile

If there is some cover you want, just let me know. If I have it, I'll do it (eventually).

Posted:   Feb 28, 2013 - 8:53 AM   
 By:   General Kael   (Member)

If there is some cover you want, just let me know. If I have it, I'll do it (eventually).

How about The Dark Knight Collector's Edition?

Posted:   Feb 28, 2013 - 8:54 AM   
 By:   calmblueocean81   (Member)

"If there is some cover you want, just let me know. If I have it, I'll do it (eventually)"

^ You sir, are a gent! (also your quote of my earlier post led me to hastily amend that dreaded "there/their" mistake that drives me nuts!).

Not to veer off track, but I meant to refer back to earlier members comments about the lack of a coverflow in the latest version of iTunes. For what its worth, MediaMonkey now comes with its own version (cunningly titled "Monkey Flow"), for those of you who like to flip through their artwork on a carousel.

Disclaimer: while I would still recommend MediaMonkey over other bloated media players, I've since moved onto pastures greener in the form of MusicBee, which is lightweight, solid and has endless options (viewing/tagging/playing) that can be tinkered with to your hearts desire.
But both are well capable of handling larger music collections (neither has issue with my library, which stands around 28k tracks at the moment).

Posted:   Feb 28, 2013 - 11:20 AM   

How about The Dark Knight Collector's Edition?

I thought about doing that one last year. It's a boring one IMHO. The images available online could be better. I'll give it a go when I get the chance.

Posted:   Apr 5, 2013 - 10:57 AM   

Now on AAX:

I pulled out a ton of Morricone cds from storage recently so expect more to come.

Coming next, 4 James Newton Howard covers...

Enjoy!

Posted:   Apr 5, 2013 - 11:35 AM   
 By:   Diederik   (Member)

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the work you've done on all of those great hi-res cover art scans. I've been enjoying a lot of your work, so I felt it would be appropriate and nice to express my thanks to you.

In my search for hi-res Georges Delerue cover art I haven't been very fruitful: I am wondering if it is possible for you to do some Delerue covers sometime in the future? I was thinking mostly of his Varèse Sarabande albums from the 90's, like Agnes of God, A Little Romance and Black Robe. But, considering that it is me reaping the fruits of your hard work, feel free to just ignore these thoughts.

Thanks!

Posted:   Apr 5, 2013 - 12:33 PM   
 By:   dwirving68   (Member)

Hey Scott! Love your work. How about a 1500x1500 cover for Star Trek: First Contact LE? You also by chance don't have the DCC Raiders of the Lost Ark, do you?

Posted:   Apr 5, 2013 - 12:47 PM   

I was thinking mostly of his Varèse Sarabande albums from the 90's, like Agnes of God, A Little Romance and Black Robe.

A Little Romance (SLC Japan version) and Black Robe are in my to do box. I'll move them up the cue. smile

Work is going to keep my alot more busy than usual over next several months but I'll get to them eventually.

Posted:   Apr 5, 2013 - 12:59 PM   

Hey Scott! Love your work. How about a 1500x1500 cover for Star Trek: First Contact LE? You also by chance don't have the DCC Raiders of the Lost Ark, do you?

More recent releases are not a priority for me because I know that the labels are sitting on wonderful 1500x1500 digital files of their covers that they might share with us someday soon.

I'd rather spend my time doing covers to releases whose digital artwork is less likely to become public.

I have the DCC Raiders cd (and lp). I'll take a look at it and see if it's worth doing.

For now, I'm planning on doing batches containing 4~5 covers of Morricone releases and 4~5 covers of another composer. Next up is James Newton Howard. I have 4 lined up for Poledouris, Barry, Kamen, Rosenman, Goldsmith, Christopher Young, and a bunch of Japanese (Kurosawa & Godzilla) and Italian cds.

Posted:   Apr 6, 2013 - 5:04 AM   
 By:   Diederik   (Member)

I was thinking mostly of his Varèse Sarabande albums from the 90's, like Agnes of God, A Little Romance and Black Robe.

A Little Romance (SLC Japan version) and Black Robe are in my to do box. I'll move them up the cue. smile

Work is going to keep my alot more busy than usual over next several months but I'll get to them eventually.

Much appreciated!

Posted:   Apr 8, 2013 - 1:31 PM   
 By:   FarTraveler   (Member)

Hey dwirving68: my work is not as good as Scott's, but I took pity on your need for a DCC Raiders. Here is my scan I did a year ago for an 800 x 704 sized cover (preserving the box shape):
http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?id=305540&q=id%3A305539.305540